New AMNPS & big bag of pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Speaking of smoking butter...what is your method for doing this?

I have smoked regular blocks of cheese but would like to try butter, cream cheese, and soft cheese such as mozzarella. Seems like you would have to keep the temp extremely low for that.

How do you keep it from going bad? Seems like vac-sealing softness like that wouldn't really pan out.

Being my first butter smoke I’m going to set right on rack & smoke low for 2 hrs then rewrap in original paper put in box it comes in then into the freezer. I will let it sit in frig for a week though. Hope it works out because it should be awesome on baked potatoe ,popcorn maybe on toast for egg sandwich & a few other things a haven’t thought of yet. Also think I’m going to try smoking a little peanut butter. That wife keeps coming up with more work like that for me. Bless her heart

Going to just run a load of pellets through it for being first time. Had to build shed because it’s windy here alot. I do pull smoker out an replace with turkey fryer to do bologna & sausage. Can smoke 30 sticks. Going to do cheese tomorrow. Plus the wife wants some smoked butter

Now that is a Good Wife!
When I want to cold smoke (Cheese's, Almonds, stuff that is temperature sensitive), I do overnight smokes.
But with your 'white stuff' you should be able to do fine without melting your butter.

Love your cook shack!

Let me know how it turns out! I am going to smoke another batch of cheese this weekend and might throw a few sticks of butter on there see how it turns out.

If you can get Kerrygold Irish Butter sticks where you are give those a try its wonderful on everything and I think would be even better smoked!

Reactions: SonnyE
Let me know how it turns out! I am going to smoke another batch of cheese this weekend and might throw a few sticks of butter on there see how it turns out.

If you can get Kerrygold Irish Butter sticks where you are give those a try its wonderful on everything and I think would be even better smoked!

Now you've got me wanting to smoke butter, and it's raining cats and dogs here. :(

I've been racking my brain ever since I read this a few minutes ago. Maybe just empty a jar of PB and pile it onto some aluminum foil?

Well wife came through again. Aluminum pin tin. Plus she brought a pack of cream cheese out to put in smoker tomorrow. So I just had to relight pellets again. Burned through 1 row then went out. Any thoughts on why. The smoke hollow has plenty of air holes in bottm. Both vents wide open

Are you getting enough air flow with the smoker being in that shack? Also what are you sitting the AMNPS on in the smoker? I sit mine up about 2 inches off the bottom of my MES40 with a sausage rack that came with it so gets plenty of air flow underneath too.

Well I did close door to smoke shack of course because wind was blowing. Plus wanted to see if it would work. AMNPS sit where wood box would sit There is 3” of space under it. Opened door again to see how it works out

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky