Need your best ABT recipe.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Took some convincing of the wife that I really needed a $35 ABT Holder shaped like Nebraska but I got her talked into it with the promis to make them all the time. 
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

I might warn you I just went to order mine when I got home from work and it is $10.95 shipping in handling. Ouch!!
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
That broke the camel's back for me. I got a cheaper one on amazon that comes with a Jalapeno corer as well. Not as cool but my wife will be happy with the more practical amount. 
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

Here is the link: 

I'm doing some ABTs this weekend since I got a new jalapena rack. Thinking about stuff with cream cheese/cheddar cheese mix maybe with some sausage and topping with a cut of thin bacon. Sounds like from the comments that they'll be darn tasty. :yahoo:

I have the rack & prefer to slice them lengthwise, fill, & wrap with bacon. If you use thin bacon they crisp up & if you use a hard cheese such as sharp white cheddar the cheese doesn't run out. Put them in an aluminum pan & smoke for 2 1/2 hours at 225. I used cheddar cheese spread in these & you can see how all the cheese ran out. It was still good, but better with a hard cheese.

f8e4257a_12-19-104.jpg

In our house everyone likes the more mild peppers- that way you can taste the ingredients rather than burn your windpipe on the first one.  I like to de-seed and lay a strip of prosciutto in the pepper then add some cream cheese and maybe some Cheddar (white, extra sharp) then wrap in thin bacon so they crisp up a bit.  A wooden skewer can help manage  them-

2b64dcd9_IMG_2279.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky