Need wood (prefer cherry or hickory) in SE Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davehaight

Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
Can anybody recommend a good source where I can buy some cherry or hickory wood for my offset smoker. I'm not looking for maybe 1/4 cord or so. Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Reactions: JC in GB
Do you happen to live on the Western slope of Colorado?
Thirdeye,
I'm very late to reply to this, but just getting into the stick burning world... I live in Golden, but my sister is out on the western slope. Is there a good source of wood out there?
Thank you!

Franktown Firewood in Franktown is a good source, and not too far from Golden. Some of the BBQ competitors buy their wood.

In Grand Junction, Fruita Wood & BBQ Supply is my choice. Obviously shipping is a huge part of pricing (but they have really good wood) so I pay the price. And, anytime a friend goes through there we make a group order and save a lot. The site lists prices that include shipping, but call or email Bert and he will get you squared away. Ask about bark off, they used to show that option (at no charge) on the site and I didn't see it today.

https://fruitawoodchunks.com/

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! I work down south closer to Franktown so I might be able to make that trek one day after work. And next time I get out to visit my sister I'll make sure to message Bert.
What are your favorite types of wood to use? I have a ton of apple from several trees on our property. I've used a little bit of peach and I loved the way it smelled. Haven't tried any cherry yet, but looking forward to a few logs my friend gave me from a tree his parents had to get rid of.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky