Need some help!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rookiesmoker18

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Southeast Wisconsin
Hello everyone!!!!  have a little issue here and need some help. I have some drumsticks and chicken thighs on the smoker. All is goin well , but just found out guests will be late. My problem is chicken will be done about an hour before they arrive. 

What to do?     Do I finish cooking it, put in frig, re-heat later?   Cook it, then wrap in foil?  Try to slow cooking time?

Could really use some help.   thanks

yeahthat.gif

the skin will soften a little in the foil..  after the unfoil I would throw them on the grillto crisp up the skin a llittle under low heat

good luck

Joe

Hold them hot in the oven. Set the oven to its lowest setting, most will go down to 170. You only need to keep the chicken above 140 after you reach the 165 final cook temp.

I would wrap them with plastic or foil then crisp up on the grill if you can.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky