Need Help With Green Mountain Daniel Boone Smoker Issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slapshot1

Original poster
Oct 2, 2016
Hello,

I bought the Green Mountain Daniel Boone Smoker last November, and it's worked very well for me until now. I was smoking a whole chicken the other day, and unknowingly ran out out of pellets 3/4 of the way through. Thats never happened to me before, but perhaps trying the recommended 1 hour at 500 degree process (before starting smoking)  to clean the grates and grill ate up more pellets than I expected. 

I noticed the temperature dropping and discovered what had happened. I immediately added more pellets but within five minutes the pellet grill just shut itself down. I tried waiting a bit, and restarting it, but the same thing happened. When I restarted it, at the point where the auger starts running to load more pellets, it seemed to start and then quickly stop. Do I just remove all the pellets and clear something out? Any help, and direction on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I'm in smoked food withdrawal at the moment!

JC

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky