Need help with failed Lamb chops.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbnice1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 22, 2017
So had lamb chops a few years back and loved them...... Decided to give them a go on my own. Grabbed 6 or so from the local butcher. They were already frozen so just sprinkled some garlic powder, salt and pepper on them then in a bag with a pad of butter and in the sous vide at 132F. They stayed in there for 2-3 hours then I grilled them on the wood grill on high for a short time 3-4 minutes. Similar to how I do my steaks now. Cutting into the lamb it looked med to med-rare, but it was very very tough......

I am not sure if the meat was just bad, or my methods were not good. I would love some tips from you all. What do you think?

Maybe I need a better source? Or maybe my prep needs to change... It was a last minute decision to try these.

It seems like the meat wasn't as tender as it should have been. I'd try it again the exact same way but from a different butcher.

Actually meant to update this thread yesterday but got busy. Grabber some more from sams. They looked much better then the others and after I was done cooking they were much more tender. Wife still didnt like them because they were a bit gamey but I thought they were good.

So I do not think I will be going back to that butcher again. I have had bad luck with them lately.

Ok so third try is the charm!!!!!!

got a double pack of lab chops. uncut so a rack???
IMG_3235.JPG

soaked in buttermilk for 2 days. I didn't get pics cause I suck. SousVide for 3 hours at 132F then Took a couple as is and pan fried with olive oil and the rest I did a egg wash then coated with a a mix of Parmesan/bread crumbs. Was amazing! Even the wife who hated the last 2 attempts because they were too gamey loved it.

IMG_3242.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky