Need help with a build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jennlovesusa

Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
Hi ya'll this is jennlovesUSA...I'm all new to this I'm picking up a clean 275 oil tank tomorrow I paid 25 bucks for...good deal...anyway my question is do u have to have the box on side. Can't u just have wood or charcoal in the bottom and that's it...please take it easy on me I'm knew...thanks

Hello Jenn.  The short answer is yes.  Put your fire at one end and meat at the other to smoke and spread out the fire across the whole cooker to grill.  Having said that there are better designs for that large tank.  Test it out and see what you think.  You can re-design should you want to.  Let us know how it works out.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky