Need Help want to make Chikcen Wings - EDITED: Added Q-VIEW - Amazing Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great Job Jfish! They look amazing! Nothing wrong with crisping them up on the grill. I agree with you, wings are one of my favorite things and smoked buffalo wings are the only way to go!

These look quite tasty!! I have an ongoing experiment with buffalo chicken .. can't seem to get it spicy enough .. Like the smoke mellows out the spice
Thanks man.. they were great.. had a nice kick.. i could have used more, but didn't want to kill everyone else. 

Try adding some dried Habanero or Bhut Jolokia to your rub 
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
.. that will kick things up a notch... I'm going to try that on a few the next time for myself :)

Rita, What kind of sauces have you tried? Do you just rub it on the outside or have you tried injecting them?

I actually have dried Bhut's and Hab's I may try that .. thanks

I have tried the other recipe with the creole, franks and injected it .. It was OK but way salty for me
I also concocted a recipe with texas petes butter to try and get some salt out of it I added some tomato sauce .. but to jack up the flavor some cayenne etc and injected it and basted to a nice crust.. It was good but the zest died during the smoking process ..

You must really like some heat! Franks Hot Buffalo sauce is about my limit. How much sauce was still inside the wings after smoking?

Got a question... what's the best way to reheat these bad boys?  I reheated a couple on the grill last night on high heat... but felt that they werent hot enough internally.  Would you guys throw them in the oven for a little while to get emm hot  on the inside... and then toss them on the grill to finish them up? 

How do you do it?

I have a small toaster oven and I just put them on a pan and heat on high heat for about 10 mins until they are sizzling real good. 

Amazing dude... ... thats just what i was looking for!!! Those look incredible, nice job.

So I am going to try these tonight most likely.

I am going to get the smoker up to 300 degrees and use a little bit of hickory and some apple wood --- did you smoke them for the entire time, or just until it hits 140 degrees internal temp?

Also, whats the purpose of the sand - as opposed to leaving an empty water pan in the smoker- is it just to catch the drippings? 

thanks dude
Those look amazing!! I am going to try that for my son and myself. He loves smoked chicken and buffalo wings!!

Sorry if this has already been said. Did not see it in the post. Poultry needs to be cooked to an internal temp of 165 F.

gonna try me some of these. local butcher sold me 10# of wings @ .50  lb.!

gonna brine em & give it a try. only poultry ive ever done is turkey legs and bb chicken.

I usually put my wings in the oven for 15 minutes, very hot 450.  Then spice when I can touch them without getting burnt and into the smoker for 2.5 hours at 225.  Never had a problem

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky