need help picking electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bubba96

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 2, 2013
saginaw,michigan
i am going to be getting my older brother a electric smoker for chirstmas but i am having trouble. he wants to smoke: ribs,jerky,fish,etc. my budget is no higher than $100, i was looking at the little chief but i seen good and bad reviews. please help!

Might be a little tuff to score something for 100. Possibly, some outlets MIGHT have a MES 30 on sale around that. Check Lowes or Home Depot, maybe Cabelas etc for sales.....good luck...Willie

You could get a Big Chief type aluminum smoker for under $100. It is fine for jerky and fish, but I'm not sure how good it would do on ribs.

Try E-bay and search electric smokers you can get a new brinkmann  with free shipping for 108.00  I did not search much so there might be better deals.

Stan

I did the same for my younger brother (61 years old) last year and went with the Smokin-it model 3.  A lot more than $100; but for it's size, less than a SmokinTex, which is another option.  So far, so good. No problems just good BBQ.  The Big Chief smokers have a good reputation, been around a long time.  Sort of like Timex:  takes a lickin, keeps on tickin.

There is another company out there making electric smokers that has been around for quite a while (since 1923) and enjoys a good following.  They run about $125.00:

http://oldsmokey.com/

Check them out and read the stories. 

Good luck.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky