• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

need help picking electric smoker

bubba96

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 2, 2013
i am going to be getting my older brother a electric smoker for chirstmas but i am having trouble. he wants to smoke: ribs,jerky,fish,etc. my budget is no higher than $100, i was looking at the little chief but i seen good and bad reviews. please help!

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Might be a little tuff to score something for 100. Possibly, some outlets MIGHT have a MES 30 on sale around that. Check Lowes or Home Depot, maybe Cabelas etc for sales.....good luck...Willie

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
You could get a Big Chief type aluminum smoker for under $100. It is fine for jerky and fish, but I'm not sure how good it would do on ribs.

handymanstan

Smoking Fanatic
Group Lead
Joined Oct 27, 2012
Try E-bay and search electric smokers you can get a new brinkmann  with free shipping for 108.00  I did not search much so there might be better deals.

Stan

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
I did the same for my younger brother (61 years old) last year and went with the Smokin-it model 3.  A lot more than $100; but for it's size, less than a SmokinTex, which is another option.  So far, so good. No problems just good BBQ.  The Big Chief smokers have a good reputation, been around a long time.  Sort of like Timex:  takes a lickin, keeps on tickin.

There is another company out there making electric smokers that has been around for quite a while (since 1923) and enjoys a good following.  They run about $125.00:

http://oldsmokey.com/

Check them out and read the stories. 

Good luck.

Last edited:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.