Need help, first brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Been checking every half an hour or so with a toothpick. A couple spots are starting to get pretty tender but a few are still tough. Temp is 200 even after 13 hours. More pics next time I probe
you can crank the heat up. 275 is common at the end. Doesn't hurt. You should be able to get it off and resting in foil by 205. Leave it out for 20 minutes in air to let off some steam then wrap it up for a couple hours if you can wait that long. Put in the cooler with towels trick is good. Or 170 oven for a couple

Last edited:
The brisket after a hour and a half rest. I pulled it from the smoker at 205 and wrapped it in tin foil and put it in the cooler. It was falling apart when I cut it so I think it was a bit over done but for my first brisket I'm happy.
Here it is all made up on the plate.

I learned alot today from the experience and from everyone that helped. Thanks so much and I can't wait to do the next one!

The brisket after a hour and a half rest. I pulled it from the smoker at 205 and wrapped it in tin foil and put it in the cooler. It was falling apart when I cut it so I think it was a bit over done but for my first brisket I'm happy.
Here it is all made up on the plate.

I learned alot today from the experience and from everyone that helped. Thanks so much and I can't wait to do the next one!

Oh yeah! Look at that.. that's supposed to look just like that.. Yummy!

Points for that for sure!

:points1: good bark and ring.

Last edited:
OK so what was the end result????
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky