Need help deciding

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gijoe4188

Original poster
May 19, 2020
I am looking at buying a pellet grill and I can't decide which one I want. I am stuck between rect tec 590 and smokin brothers premier 24. Any advice would be great. I always wanted a smoker but i also want to get rid of my propane grill and just use the pellet grill.

Thanks!

I did a competition this winter in Cape girardeau Missouri put on by smokin bros. They gave us a premiere 24 to use in comp. They are very nice and hold temp within a degree. Imo it's more high end than rec tec. I had 9 racks of babybacks on the premier and performed great. My buddy has a smokin bros 30 and a 72. Also great smokers. Not knocking rec tec either they are great quality as well. I'm pretty good friends with the owner of smokin bros after the comp and they stand behind their smokers 100%
Screenshot_20200125-182154_Textra.jpg
Screenshot_20200126-190255_Textra.jpg
Screenshot_20200126-191859_Textra.jpg
Screenshot_20200125-165402_Textra.jpg
Screenshot_20200125-163925_Textra.jpg

All these pics are from the premier 24 at the comp

I don't know anything about the Smokin Bros, but I am 100% satisfied with my Rec Tec . They just updated the WiFi app and supposedly it is awesome. I love the heavy duty build of the Rec Tec including the grates and the igniter. It holds temps dead on unless you open the lip of course. Good luck with you decision.

My god that Smokin Brother's grill looks awesome. Double wall insulation, heavy steel, hopper in the front doubles as a front shelf, unique design. If the money weren't a question I'd be looking pretty hard at that one.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Never heard of smokin brothers prior. Certainly Looks like a quality unit.
$400 nicer, not so sure.

I am looking at buying a pellet grill and I can't decide which one I want. I am stuck between rect tec 590 and smokin brothers premier 24. Any advice would be great. I always wanted a smoker but i also want to get rid of my propane grill and just use the pellet grill.

Thanks!
I wanted to update I went with the rectec it already has the app and is more budget friendly. It should arrive the 1st!

I don't have any experience with smokin brothers premier 24, but double wall insulation would be a negative for me. Sure you might be more efficient with your fuel in terms of heat, but burning less pellets is not always positive. Pellets are already behind in terms of smoke out put and gas volume compared to wood. I'd say actually want to burn more pellets, within reason, by volume to get smoke flavor.

Have no direct experience, but That and increased risk of flameouts I believe are reasons I’ve seen recommending against insulating blankets in all but the coldest weather.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky