NEED HELP before I lose this. Is this a good deal for a used Weber Performer Gold?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 3, 2013
Massapequa, NY (Long Island)
Since cooking, smoking, and grilling seems to be my biggest hobby, I have decided I want to finally get into charcoal grilling and smoking. I am always browsing on craigslist and came across a Weber Performer Gold. The seller said he'd take $150 for it. It includes the cover which costs an additional $40 and is in really great condition. Purchased a year ago new by the seller. My question is this. Only differences between this model and the regular weber one touch gold is that it has a table/cart, a charcoal bin, and a timer ( which seems insignificant). New, these items would cost $340. I just don't know if that's worth buying it for the few extras it has for $150 when I can get a new OTG for $150. Any opinions or advice would b helpful. Thanks all!

Here's the amazon link to the grill model

I don't know? How much would you use the table?

I would use it a lot. If it was me I would be driving home with it already.

I like the performer because of the cart and all that , but its your taste that counts . do you need the table? do you have room for it? I think the performer is a great grill setup . I love that lid holder rig , and that is a terrific price if its only a year old , but its what you like that counts.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents here worktogthr, but HOW would ya feel if ya did not get it & someone else bought it ?? Sounds like it's the one ya want & if that makes YOU happy, that's what matters. If so and your wanting a good charcoal grill, not much better than a Weber... Have a weber kettle 22.5 and WSM 18.5 & they are both great cookers.... Webers a good product IMHO & if I were in your shoes and lookin for a good charcoal Q'er , I would pull the trigger on it.... Let us know what ya decide but sounds like a good deal to me....

Justin

The cart would definitely come in handy, and the charcoal bin would allow me to keep the deck neat which would make the wife happy, and I have room for it. Also, I would be upset if someone comes a long and offers him more. I wanted the 22.5 weber kettle with the one touch system and this is a souped up version. I emailed him to set up a time to go get it. Thanks for the help. This site is costing me more and more money every day haha...I thought golf was an expensive hobby.

The cart would definitely come in handy, and the charcoal bin would allow me to keep the deck neat which would make the wife happy, and I have room for it. Also, I would be upset if someone comes a long and offers him more. I wanted the 22.5 weber kettle with the one touch system and this is a souped up version. I emailed him to set up a time to go get it. Thanks for the help. This site is costing me more and more money every day haha...I thought golf was an expensive hobby.

Happy for ya man ! Hey, ya could have spent full price on it.... Sounds like ya gotta good deal and the way ya were talkin I think ya would have kicked yourself if ya had lost it !! So I see ribeye's as the first cook.... LOL

Justin

Happy for ya man ! Hey, ya could have spent full price on it.... Sounds like ya gotta good deal and the way ya were talkin I think ya would have kicked yourself if ya had lost it !! So I see ribeye's as the first cook.... LOL

Justin

Hahaha thanks. I won't breathe easy until it's in the back of my truck. Rib Eyes sound great...maybe with a couple of wood chunks thrown on the coals!

Last edited:
That's a great deal I picked one up on Craigs List couple years ago. I love the propane burner for lighting charcoal. Pick up the Weber charcoal baskets from Lowes that's where I got mine. They work great for indirect grilling I use mine all the time.

That's a great deal I picked one up on Craigs List couple years ago. I love the propane burner for lighting charcoal. Pick up the Weber charcoal baskets from Lowes that's where I got mine. They work great for indirect grilling I use mine all the time.
This one doesn't have the propane starter but I have a chimney starter someone gave me. It comes with the charcoal baskets though!

I love mine, and even use the table when not using the grill.
30.gif

Pay no attention to that lighter fluid in the back. We told him he wasn't invited, but he keeps showing up.

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought it last night! It really is in great condition.  Seller admitted that his girlfriend is moving in and likes to grill as well but doesn't want to fuss with charcoal.  The things we do for those we love.  Only thing I might have to replace eventually in the charcoal grate.  A little rusty.  Like I mentioned before, it has the charcoal baskets for indirect cooking, and I defrosted a chicken for dinner on friday.  Smoked beer can chicken might be in order.  Relatively fast cook, meat ready to go, and its actually supposed to be nice out tomorrow!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky