Need beans recipe using Q meat juice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have seen a few recipes on the site using dried beans, you may try to search? i allways start mine w/ bush's original beans.

Last edited:
Are you wanting to end up with baked beans? Or are you just wanting any old bean, just cooked with que drippings?

What kind of beans would you like to make?  I have used pintos, navy and or white beans to make BBQ beans. 

The first step no matter what you do is to soak the beans overnight, rinse and drain.

Place beans in lg pot, cover with water, add a minced onion, salt, and black pepper.  Boil slow until beans are soft adding water as needed.  You are not trying to make a sauce at this point, just get the beans soft.

Drain water, set aside beans.  Saute bacon until brown, remove bacon and saute chopped onions and bell pepper in bacon grease until soft.   Remove and save excess bacon drippings.

Place beans, chopped bacon, sauteed vegetables in baking dish, add defatted drippings (if no drippings add a bit of bacon grease) for flavor.   Add BBQ sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, yellow mustard, salt and any other seasonings to taste.  The dish should have a some liquid in it at this point.  Bake at 300  for a couple of hours until thick.  You may add a bit more drippings or BBQ sauce if the dish dries out.   At this point the beans are done.  Something I do that most others do not do is about 15 minutes before I remove the beans I like to place thin sliced Velveeta or Cheddar on top and then cover with strips of bacon.  Kick the oven up to 400 to brown bacon and melt cheese.

Good luck

Al

Last edited:
If you want just plain old cooked beans soak,rinse and drain.  Saute onion, bell pepper in bacon grease or oil.  Combine all, cover with water or chicken stock and water (don't add to much liquid) and add either a ham bone or pickled pork.  Add minced garlic, maybe a bay leaf, salt, pepper, oregano and your smoked drippings.   Bring to very slow boil with the pot covered.  Cook until beans are soft and you have a thick creamy gravy.  You may add liquid as needed but do not add to much liquid at any time because you don't want the finished beans to be watery. 

If you have time and do not want to have to watch the pot to closely use a crock pot to cook the beans, but still keep an eye on the amt of liquid.

icon_cool.gif

here's one that I use alot when I want to impress some folks. It has alot of stuff in it and it's a little labor intensive too but well worth it too.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/78060/garbage-baked-beans   Try it if you want and let me know how you like them. I also put some pulled pork in all my bean recipes. I hope that goes without saying around here

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky