Need a Wing Sauce Please!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
imo the smoked buffalo wings were horrible, too much smoke flavor per amount of meat on a wing would be my guess and it tasted weird with buffalo style sauce, i recomend making the koreaon wing recipie that chisoxjims created, its good and goes good with the buffalo flavored wings to alternating lol make this sauce a day or more before eating it or warm in pan to blend flavors.
[h2]chisoxjim's[/h2]
the sauce is:
toasted sesame seeds(1/2 cup),
Shark Sriracha(6 tbsp),

El Yucateco Habanero(1 tbsp),
3 whole serrano peppers,
ketchup(12 tbsp),
garlic(5 cloves),
ground ginger (1 tsp),
soy sauce(1 tsp),
sugar(1/2 cup),
lemon juice(5 tbsp).

Last edited:
FRANK's, FRANK's, Frank's!

I get it from Sam's Club once a year right before Super Bowl, one bIG bottle, last the whole year. I just replaced 2 days ago.

I use one or two a month!!! 
tongue.gif

Since getting older and getting roids is a reason NOT!!! to eat hot foods. i have switched to a butter . steak sauce , pick a peppa sauce . Also i like the alabama white sauce on wings.

Wings
You can even use frozen ones if you thaw them first. Cut and seperate wing sections as usual. Now you can flour and deepfry. Sprinkle with dry rub and then smoke ,grill, or put them in the oven and bake. Just remember you want an inside temp of 170 degrees. Now this sauce recipe is good and the perfect sauce for wings because it is only as hot as you want to make it. My wife will not even eat black pepper and she will eat this sauce.

Wing Sauce

1 Large or 2 medium bottles of you favorite Hot Sauce. ( Texas Pete, Cyrstal, Franks. You get the Idea.
1/4 stick of butter
Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
1 heaping tbsp minced garlic ,Jarred up stuff is fine
1/4 to 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
Stir well until everything is well blended and hot. Put several wings in a non reactive bowl pour on some sauce and shake until fully covered.  Serve with your favorite sides an ice cold beer and some Football.

I just smoked wings for the first time this past weekend.  I just basted with butter, garlic and onion powder.  Put them on the smoker for about 4 hours (I was having a hard time keeping an high temp).  After I smoked them, I threw them on the girll to crisp them up and again basted with butter, onion powder and garlic.  There were moist, smoked and crispy.  They were a hit.

I also grill them with just the above mentioned butter, garlic and onion. Low and slow.  Get many compliments.

I do 3 parts Frank's hot sauce to 1 part Maurices original mustard BBQ sauce.  Takes out some of the heat and makes them have more flavor and a little sweeter for those of you that do not like them hot.  I usually add a little cay-an pepper to mine to spice them up some

Red hot or Durkees

Butter

Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing, sticks to the meat better and smooths it out a bit

There was a past thread for an asian sauce that is outstanding on smoked wings using sarachra sp? sauce...

For buffalo wings I use franks, butter, lemon juice....my wife likes to add a pack of the make it yourself garlic italian salad dressing packets to it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky