Need a new air fryer...Ninja???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So ended up walking into Costco and got a brand new 6 in 1 for $150
Simple test tonight was mock crab cakes using pork rinds as the binder to cut carbs,
nin1.jpg

They crisped up pretty good and quickly, the built in thermometer did not react well to the loose crab cakes as it said done in about 3 minutes. I will reserve judgment on that until I do some beef.
nin2.jpg

Then air fried some Brussel sprouts and plated up with homemade tarter sauce, hot sauce and more old bay. I plan to play around much more with this....liking it so far.
nin3.jpg

Nice Cliff, enjoy the new toy. Are you air frying the imitation crab meat for those cakes?

Chris

Nice score Cliff! I have the fg551 as well and love it. First got a refurb for 129, had to return as it didn't work. Then found brand new for $169 about a year ago.
Haven't used it much. but love to functionality.

Reactions: clifish
Nice Cliff, enjoy the new toy. Are you air frying the imitation crab meat for those cakes?

Chris
Yes - Mock = imitation, I also have fake lobster meat to do lobster rolls.
Today I am smoking a rack of ribs on the gravity and will use the ninja to fry some veggies

Yes - Mock = imitation, I also have fake lobster meat to do lobster rolls.
Today I am smoking a rack of ribs on the gravity and will use the ninja to fry some veggies
I wasn't sure if you used that white and orange/red imitation stuff you find at the grocer or if you used something else altogether. I've only used that stuff as a filler for seafood salad. Never threw heat to it.

Chris

I wasn't sure if you used that white and orange/red imitation stuff you find at the grocer or if you used something else altogether. I've only used that stuff as a filler for seafood salad. Never threw heat to it.

Chris
same red stuff as in the stores, I have done the crab cakes many times, hot (ct) lobster rolls and cold (ME) lobster rolls. I am sure not quite the real stuff but is as close to it as I can have without a side of EPiPen...lol

My wife wants a new air fryer...
So am I understanding the Ninja is the top brand to get? And which is the "best" model I'm looking for? Sounds like a good xmas gift!

See Amazon. Search for Ninja FG551, you want the 2nd generation version. Not certain they have the best price though, might want to do some checking around.

Reactions: Dave in AZ
Ninja FG551 2nd Generation version.
Amazon was confusing in their listings they showed a refurb of FG551 and another model in the same listing. I ended up walking into Costco and getting a brand new one for $149

I got a Ninja SP351 last week on sale for $160. I have not tried anything yet so we'll have to see. Current price is $319.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky