Need a new air fryer...Ninja???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
My air fryer died....I see a bunch of love here for the Ninja from Bearcarver Bearcarver , BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma and others. I don't think I want a basket type as I would like to fry, chicken cutlets, mock crap cakes and other stuff....the right one could even replace my foreman grill? It will not really be used for fries and such. What is the new opinions, and deals out there?

My air fryer died....I see a bunch of love here for the Ninja from Bearcarver Bearcarver , BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma and others. I don't think I want a basket type as I would like to fry, chicken cutlets, mock crap cakes and other stuff....the right one could even replace my foreman grill? It will not really be used for fries and such. What is the new opinions, and deals out there?
I have to be honest. I have a halogen oven type Big boss and I have an insatpot duo.... The instapot air fryer is the best I have ever tried.

Reactions: clifish
As you know I love mine. Everything I throw at this comes out great and it is fast. You can take out the basket and make things like that Bulgogi Beef Udon Stir Fry I just made. Even have done bacon and eggs in it. Makes the best hash. The grill also works great. Check out those chicken thighs Bear made. Amazon has it for $170 which is a good price. Bed Bath and Beyond also has for $169 and can usually find a 20% off coupon which is how I got mine. Can find great deals on re-furbished. There are some without the Thermometer for $129 but they may be smaller? Not sure.

Ninja Foodi Smart XL 6 in 1 Grill + Thermometer

Last edited:
Reactions: clifish
I've had my Ninja for a while now and can't say enough good things about it. Mine is the basket style but each one is 5qts so I pretty much can do just about anything in it,though burgers are one thing that comes mediocre I still prefer the grill for that.

I've had my Ninja for a while now and can't say enough good things about it. Mine is the basket style but each one is 5qts so I pretty much can do just about anything in it,though burgers are one thing that comes mediocre I still prefer the grill for that.
did you have a single basket one before you got the dual basket? seeing some reviews saying the dual basket ones don't cook as fast as the single basket ones??

did you have a single basket one before you got the dual basket? seeing some reviews saying the dual basket ones don't cook as fast as the single basket ones??
First one was a cheapo tray style.

On my Ninja you can use one or both or use one and have the other on standby if cooking different things that require different times. But can use just one and leave the other side off. If using both at the same time it does cook slightly slower but not enough to even make a difference.

Reactions: tbern and chopsaw
I have to be honest. I have a halogen oven type Big boss and I have an insatpot duo.... The instapot air fryer is the best I have ever tried.
We already have the instapot but not the fryer version. The toaster oven we have claims to be an air fryer but it does not work well. Reason i am thinking of the type Bearcarver Bearcarver and BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma is the versatility of doing steaks or burgers on a cold night. I already have a foreman grill that will get relocated to PA if we get this.

As you know I love mine. Everything I throw at this comes out great and it is fast. You can take out the basket and make things like that Bulgogi Beef Udon Stir Fry I just made. Even have done bacon and eggs in it. Makes the best hash. The grill also works great. Check out those chicken thighs Bear made. Amazon has it for $170 which is a good price. Bed Bath and Beyond also has for $169 and can usually find a 20% off coupon which is how I got mine. Can find great deals on re-furbished. There are some without the Thermometer for $129 but they may be smaller? Not sure.

Ninja Foodi Smart XL 6 in 1 Grill + Thermometer
Thanks, this is what I am looking for. I think I will spring for the one with the temp probe as Bearcarver Bearcarver seems to post that it works well.

BBB is out of stock on it, I even had a 25% off coupon as well

Reason i am thinking of the type Bearcarver Bearcarver and BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma is the versatility of doing steaks or burgers on a cold night. I already have a foreman grill that will get relocated to PA if we get this.
Burgers and steaks just don't get that good sear in my Ninja. But for me doing those in mine was not a consideration when I bought it and the price was right.

Burgers and steaks just don't get that good sear in my Ninja. But for me doing those in mine was not a consideration when I bought it and the price was right.
Thanks, I know it may not be it's forte, but I am trying to cover as many bases as possible with 1 appliance.

versatility of doing steaks or burgers on a cold night.
Cliff , the 6 + 1 is what you want for grilling . It does a fantastic job .
Did steaks in mine the other night . They get a nice char . Makes some of the best wings I've cooked . The skin is crispy and blistered without over cooking the inside . The clean up is EASY too .
1669823715600.jpeg

Cliff , the 6 + 1 is what you want for grilling . It does a fantastic job .
Did steaks in mine the other night . They get a nice char . Makes some of the best wings I've cooked . The skin is crispy and blistered without over cooking the inside . The clean up is EASY too .
View attachment 649786
do you have the one with the smart probe? Not sure how necessary that is.

Cliff I think that's how they come if it's the 6 + 1 ? Yes mine has it . I don't see a need for it so far . I guess if you did a whole chicken or roast maybe . I know when a steak is done , and bet you do too .

Cliff I think that's how they come if it's the 6 + 1 ? Yes mine has it . I don't see a need for it so far . I guess if you did a whole chicken or roast maybe . I know when a steak is done , and bet you do too .
yeah they sell it both ways...much cheaper without it I can get the blow for $119 + I have a 25% off coupon so about $90 + tax? I suppose i could just use a wireless therm if needed like on the smoker?

OK , yeah , I have the smart XL . I got it rehabbed for $92.00 . Brian posted the link and I grabbed one . Even having used it , I don't think I'd go $279.00 . I do like it though , and I bet the one you linked works just as well .

Tha
yeah they sell it both ways...much cheaper without it I can get the blow for $119 + I have a 25% off coupon so about $90 + tax? I suppose i could just use a wireless therm if needed like on the smoker?

that one looks smaller to me. Need to compare dimensions.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky