Need a Good Chicken Rub for Smoked (Whole) Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
Tomorrow (Tuesday) night I'll be smoking a whole chicken. I never get a good, dark color when I do this. I'm thinking it is the rub.
Unfortunately, I am not able to go to a store at the moment, so I am looking for a recipe that I can make at home.

Does anyone have a really good chicken rub to share?

Thanks

Peace

I just did spatchcock chickens and they came out incredible. dry brine them with kosher salt and put it in the fridge uncovered for the night. then when you are ready to cook mix toom temp butter with garlic and put it under the skin and then on top of the skin. Hit it with pepper and smoke it. It's amazing. You can add a little rosemary and thyme as well. The salt should absorb into the meat overnight.

Attachments

• 99651173-1330-45FD-B5CF-CFD76E425B34.jpeg
    99651173-1330-45FD-B5CF-CFD76E425B34.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 35
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky