Nebraska smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

longhorn1

Original poster
Jan 9, 2014
Nebraska
~~I had been using this site for a while and after all the great information I decided to join. I already posted a thread about the results from the information I used from this site here is the link: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/155847/mes-30

I am 37 yrs old and live in Nebraska I own a brinkman grill, which don't get used much now that I have a MES 30 smoker. I first got the taste of smoking when I read how to smoke on your grill, so I tried it. I sealed all the gaps with foil and smoke ribs for 6 hrs. They were great and everyone loved them but it was the biggest pain in the @#$. Every time you needed to check it you had to plug up all the gaps again and maintaining the temp was a workout. After that I decided to never smoke in the grill again so I went out and bought my MES 30. When I smoke stuff I like to invite friends over so they can eat it and give me constructive critsim, and they don't mind being my guini pigs. The only problem I have ran into is that there is never any leftovers for me. I made a ton of bacon wrapped chicken breasts and everyone had two, smoked mac and cheese (large 9 x 13 pan) not a crumb left, I did two large filets of salmon and my mother in law ate it for three days straight. Lately it has been my jerky. the neighbor noticed a chimney coming out of my basement window and asked me if my hot water heater broke or if I put a fire place in the garage, I said no that it was so I could smoke in the garage, and showed him. Now when he see's the chimney blowing smoke he comes running with the beer and then I only have 8 lbs o jerky left when I started with 16 lbs.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome!

You will find plenty of friendly folks with great advice on this forum. Lt the search bar at the top of the page be your new friend.  There are over 1 million post on this forum.  And that a lot of powerful knowledge right at your finger tips. Or just ask! If you have not checked it out already, Give Jeff's 5 day ecourse a try.  It is free and full of great information to make you an even better smoker.

Again Welcome.

Brian 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky