NC Pig Pickin Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigTurtle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2018
Hand me down recipe from a gal at work when I lived in Raleigh. She was North of 60 at the time. I've added the strawberries and I've used maraschino cherries a few times too. Blot the cherries though. I made this today. It's chilling now. I'll post the hand written recipe.
20190407_131114.jpg

Reactions: indaswamp
I served it when I had my restaurant. Made two a day ( night) and sold out daily. Taste bud magic.

Not really. I thought so too but it works. Feel free to play with it.

That looks delicious,you can see where the orange was at...or was it pineapple...
I'm gonna give this a go soon.
Am I the only one thinking this?
upload_2019-4-7_17-45-40.png

I have always followed the directions to the T, this is one killer cake!! so many flavors and oh so moist.

Reactions: BigTurtle
Note mandarin orange chunks

Attachments

• 20190407_113446.jpg
    20190407_113446.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 10
Ever put any nuts in it? Pecans or walnuts??
Nope. It was meant to be a lite dessert after pig Pickin events like dinner on the ground or church home comings here in Dixie. Feel free to make it your own.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky