Natural Gas Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KC4Life

Original poster
May 15, 2019
KS
I am looking for some feedback on the following natural gas grill.:
Hestan GABR36-NG W/ GCR36 cart.

I have a friend who can get me the grill for $2,500 brand new when the price would normally be north of $7,000. He is a salesman and can make a few deals for cost. Does anyone have any opinion on this grill in comparison to other natural gas grills around that price range? I have done as much research as I can on this grill but aside from some marketing review videos I haven't gotten a good feel as to whether not it's worth it. The grill is classified as a "luxury" grill so it seems to have very little information online.

Thanks for the help!

Made in USA, lifetime warranty. For that kind of savings, do it.

edit: Did some research and found very little information. Pretty much high end stuff - wine, cookware, commercial kitchen gear - so maybe the special pricing you're offered is to help get the word out through forums like this as well as bragging it up of facebook and similar sites. Hard to tell but the specs are very nice. Considering it's price, I can fully appreciate the absence of owner comments. Owners are either few and far between or they just do not participate in forums.

Last edited:
^ this is what I was concluding as well. I can't imagine spending $7,000 on a grill- and apparently nobody else can either. I am not really worried the grill will be cheap, I'm sure it's a fantastic grill. I am on a mission to determine if it is worth this kind of money or should I be looking at the field like at this price point (Weber, Napolean etc....

My first thought was, Boy that's a lot of $$$ for a Gas Grill.

However after checking it out, I would say it's worth a lot more than $2500.
That thing is definitely a Cadillac!!

Bear

I think it would be money well spent. The Ducane Meridian I own was actually subbed out to Twinn Eagles for manufacture. They. manufacture high end. I got the Ducane after Ducane went out of business. Twinn Eagles distributor wanted it gone and I obliged at a terrific price. Never looked back.

Yeah, I have looked at the Kalamazoo products. They appear to come equipped to cook by charcoal, gas and wood and to do so is very expensive, obviously. This being natural gas only it presents quite a bit of savings. I am always on edge when buying anything anymore. So many companies are charging top dollar for cheap crap that will go bad in 5 or so years and by then you will be SOL in getting money back. During my research yesterday I found the following review of a $3K Weber natural gas grill (Weber Summit S-670 NG Gas Grill)

"
My family purchased this grill for me 5 years ago. It is always cleaned and covered. We use this grill 2 to 3 times a week and through the winter months. It was purchased to replace and older Weber that was beyond its time. I was disappointed to find that after 5 years the cabinet is rusting out, the stainless is rust stained, the control knobs and panel have lost their markings, and the control valve to turn the burners on and off is sticking. I am very disappointed in the overall finish and quality of this "Top of the Line Weber". I have owned Weber grills and products all of my life and never experienced this quality from a Weber product. For the price and Stainless finish it should out last any other Weber product I have owned.

Bottom Line No, I would not recommend to a friend"

Yes, you can find a bad review on every product in the U.S. and there is some variability in how well each particular product is built in the manufacturing facilities but I wouldn't feel comfortable buying this grill and consequently it makes me wonder how Weber would stamp their name on a product like this.

You can't trust review websites anymore because they are the ones who will benefit from selling it! This is why forums are a consumers best friend IMO. This Hestan doesn't even have that, which makes me suspicious. The grates seem thick and the system seems to make sense but the BTU output seems mighty low in comparison to lesser priced grills. All feedback above has been the best I have up to this point.

Weber was bought out a few years ago by an investment group. Take that for what it is worth. I would take Napoleon over Weber without giving it a second thought.

Yeah, I am also a Napoleon fan, since I got my Napoleon bbq, wont change for anything even Weber. I have to say it was very but, when you cook with it you just know it is worth every penny.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky