Nashville

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Newglide

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 14, 2021
NC
The wife and I are heading to Nashville later this week for a long weekend.
We plan on doing all the touristy stuff, Grand Ole Opry, Ryman, Broadway, Johnny cash Museum.
Any other must see stuff?
I'd like to find a bbq spot if anybody knows of a couple

Reactions: JLeonard
I enjoyed the country music hall of fame.

I also really enjoyed just walking around at night and grabbing a beer in different places. Basically any venue we walked in to had some of the best live music you'll ever see. Such a high concentration of talent in a relatively small place makes for a really special music scene. Touristy, sure, but damned entertaining.

Party Fowl. Some of the best Nashville Hot Chicken sold anywhere. And a great local beer selection.
If you are into great music, 3rd and Lindsley is Vince Gills hontytonk. The Monday night show is their house band, the Time Jumpers, which is a multi time Grammy award winning band. You have to buy the tickets in advance and show up by 5 to get a good seat. Great time, though.

Princes or Hattie B's hot chicken. Skip the party fowl. Peg leg porker and honeyfire bbq pretty good. Puckett's grocery is a great restaurant with a lot of history. If you feel like getting out of the city come north about 30 miles to Robertson county where I am. It's tobacco harvest and all the tobacco barns are smoking right now. Beautiful sight and delicious smell. There is music at just about every establishment downtown around Broadway. Acme feed and seed is a good restaurant that overlooks the river. The craft beer and whiskey scene is huge here and available everywhere. I could list alot more but you get the idea.......you won't run out of stuff to do here

Princes or Hattie B's hot chicken. Skip the party fowl. Peg leg porker and honeyfire bbq pretty good. Puckett's grocery is a great restaurant with a lot of history. If you feel like getting out of the city come north about 30 miles to Robertson county where I am. It's tobacco harvest and all the tobacco barns are smoking right now. Beautiful sight and delicious smell. There is music at just about every establishment downtown around Broadway. Acme feed and seed is a good restaurant that overlooks the river. The craft beer and whiskey scene is huge here and available everywhere. I could list alot more but you get the idea.......you won't run out of stuff to do here
I agree on Prince's and Hattie B's being great, I just like Party Fowl. Nashville is a fun town!

Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
And if y'all like the show American pickers, their store antique archaeology is downtown in the marathon motors building

Reactions: Newglide
I enjoyed the country music hall of fame.
Didn't think about that one. Thanks

sounds like a fun trip, enjoy yourselves!!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it
Party Fowl. Some of the best Nashville Hot Chicken sold anywhere. And a great local beer selection
Looks like yard bird may be on the menu. I hit the local beer anywhere I go. I'll have to see if we can hit a brewery while we're there too.

It's tobacco harvest and all the tobacco barns are smoking right now. Beautiful sight and delicious smell.
Man I hear ya there, I'm across the mountain from you in NC where tobacco used to be king. I remember going into Winston when RJR was in full production, the whole city smelled of fresh tobacco

There is a secret door that the singers used to use that connects the ryman to tootsies. Used to be a part of the tour but not sure if they take you in the basement post 2010 flood

There is a secret door that the singers used to use that connects the ryman to tootsies. Used to be a part of the tour but not sure if they take you in the basement post 2010 flood
We want to do a tour of either the Ryman or the Opry. I'm kinda leaning towards the Ryman because of the history. Looking on line I can get tour and show tickets for either and both. I may run out of time to be able to see all we want to see.

Reactions: ddow229
We want to do a tour of either the Ryman or the Opry. I'm kinda leaning towards the Ryman because of the history. Looking on line I can get tour and show tickets for either and both. I may run out of time to be able to see all we want to see.
We went to the Ryman for a show and liked it a lot better than the Opry. More cozy and it felt more, I don't know, correct?

Reactions: Newglide and TNJAKE
If y'all are driving from NC pack a cooler and hit up porter road butcher. Shop is amazing. They have so much more to choose from than their website offers

Reactions: ddow229
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky