Napoleon gas grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newbrian

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2016
NW Indiana
I'm in the market for a new gas grill, I seen the Napoleon 500 online and it looks like a nice grill. Just wondering if any of you have one or have cooked on one, and what your impression is. Thanks!

I'm in the market for a new gas grill, I seen the Napoleon 500 online and it looks like a nice grill. Just wondering if any of you have one or have cooked on one, and what your impression is. Thanks!
I've had my Napoleon (different model) for about 8 yrs. and have nothing to say but good things. I've had to replace the burners and flame tamers but I think that's common for any grill. The frame parts and lid have held up great, no rust or corrosion, even though I sometimes don't replace the cover. The starters have worked every time I tried them (knock on wood).

I've had my Napoleon (different model) for about 8 yrs. and have nothing to say but good things. I've had to replace the burners and flame tamers but I think that's common for any grill. The frame parts and lid have held up great, no rust or corrosion, even though I sometimes don't replace the cover. The starters have worked every time I tried them (knock on wood).
which model do you have, if you don't mind me asking

I have a Napolean Prestige Pro 500. It cooks great when its all working. The curved grates are fantastic, it heats even and flares up less than the Weber it replaced. The only issue is warranty, and how you are forced to wait for hours on hold listening to music..... I have made 4 calls in the past 3 months trying to get some warranty handled, each over an hour, only to finally give up and request the call back within 48 hours. I missed the one today by a second, unloading the car...... called back and on hold right now, so far 1 hour 39 min and counting.. Great grill, deplorable service and warranty. I miss the weber as they always had great service.

The Napolean Prestige Pro is going for $2700 according to their website, and their customer service is shitty? Really?

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
I appreciate all of your responses, I ended up going with the Weber Genisis XPS 435, and i love it!! I did a lot of research and it seems that Napoleons have a lot of parts that break and although everyone says they get them replaced for free, i don't want to have to go through all of that, i prefer the parts to work. The weber seems more solid and I have a lot more places that carry weber near me if i have a problem.

The Napolean Prestige Pro is going for $2700 according to their website, and their customer service is shitty? Really?
Yes. Actually I'm on hold again right now. Stated wait time is 80 minutes. And they took away the "get a call back in 48 hours option" on the recorder. Horrible.

Little late but i love my 10 year old Naploeon. Especially the rotisserie and rear infrared burner. no pic cause my picture laptop went tits up and I'm struggling with new one.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.jpeg
    IMG_0494.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 30
I ended up going with the Weber Genisis XPS 435,
That's a nice grill . I look at them when I go to Lowes . I have an older Genesis 310 . Great grill . I bought it in 2017 / 18 . I think all the Weber stuff is well made , but that new one you have has a quality feel to it for sure .

Reactions: newbrian
I have one and it is amazing!
I have a 500 Prestige Pro. Great grill. Don't count on any sort of service or warranty after the sale. Call them yourself and see how the call goes. 1 (866) 820-8686 that's the ph number. Try to get someone on the phone within 2 hours ... and that's hold time. Webber has much better service.

I have a 500 Prestige Pro. Great grill. Don't count on any sort of service or warranty after the sale. Call them yourself and see how the call goes. 1 (866) 820-8686 that's the ph number. Try to get someone on the phone within 2 hours ... and that's hold time. Webber has much better service.
Thank you

I got one with the infrared side burner. So far it works just fine. I like the squiggly grill bars. They really do make stuff less likely to fall through.

I used the rotisserie to do a pork roast, and it was just as good as my modded Ronco rotisserie.

I just pulled the trigger on a Webber Genesis 3 burner. It's an exclusive model from Ace Hardware. It comes with the 9mm stainless grates and the flat top accessory kit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky