• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Naan Bread

natdiamond

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Here is a video where Alton Brown makes a home made Tandoori oven with a clay pot that gets up to 835°

jus256

Fire Starter
Joined May 26, 2012
I've made NAAN a couple of times.  I use Peter Reinhardt's recipie from his book on whole wheat bread recipies.  I'll try to post it later.  I made it on my Weber Genesis.  The first time I made it, I didn't use a stone.  I took a sheet pan and placed it directly on top of the flavorizer bars after removing the grates.  That got me the amount of direct heat I was looking for.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I just copied these recipes to use in my pizza oven - gonna be fun 

natdiamond

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 21, 2007
As far as the home made Tandoori, Alton brown used a 4" diamond blade on an angle grinder and cut the bottom off of a large terra cotta garden pot. Then he put it upside down on the terra cotta pan it would normally sit on. So the smaller bottom was now facing up like a volcano. Then he  Loaded the bottom with coal and there's the Tandoor oven.

Joined Dec 31, 2018
Naan is one of my favourite breads. Not only because it tastes amazing but also the availability of varieties of naan. I always look for garlic naan whenever I visit any restaurant and 1 whole naan is enough for me. Living foodz has shared the best naan recipe which I followed to make it at home.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.