Myles Standwich :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I smoked 55 lbs of turkey breast this past weekend. At Thanksgiving we always enjoy a sausage stuffing with turkey and gravy. Here is that as a deconstructed stuffing sandwich. Construction is savory sage French toast, caramelized onions, rosemary Gouda , more French toast, smoked turkey, rich creamy keto poultry gravy and topped with another savory French toast. It’s a knife and fork sandwich I’ll make Myles Standwich 😂 What this lacks in presentation is outweighed by insane flavors. The savory sage French toast with the buttery caramelized onion and thin sausage patty nail the flavor and mouthfeel of the stuffing and the turkey and “gravy” is the bomb. The French toast is made with Aunt Millies 1 net carb wheat bread. I do the gravy with an almond flour rue, heavy cream , cream cheese and Minors chicken stock concentrate.
4319C3F1-9FC9-492B-9F14-4D865A735106.jpeg
C72FCF0B-A286-4BE6-A0BF-EF4BCD8ED109.jpeg
CE5AE2D8-C09D-4973-8788-5D7B2A8BC95F.jpeg
48A28D89-1A50-4BD8-8DB3-C31CB765CD74.jpeg
99353B15-4178-4BD7-A4B6-5AA8907931F8.jpeg
75A15FBC-AAF2-4F06-BB25-295AB741B772.jpeg

That deconstructed turkey sandwich looks great Jeff! It looks pretty filling too.

I’ll have one please and a big glass of gravy to wash it all down.

Reactions: jcam222
Just need some cranberry sauce on that sucker. Looks damn good. I’d destroy one of those!
I wanted to do a sugar free cranberry purée for the plating but couldn’t find any fresh cranberries locally.

Holy smokes Batman, that’s a whole lot of Samich meat you got there! Nice work!

Wow Jeff, that looks pretty stellar buddy. One of the most elegant sandwiches I've ever seen, that's for sure. Pretty much a whole Thanksgiving meal between some bread. Can't go wrong with that!!

Robert

That looks great! I just mentioned to Bev that I had no idea why we only have Turkey for TG. Yes, eating Turkey once a year makes it a really special event, but we enjoy those flavors and though a bit more expensive, Turkey is available year round were we shop. The Sausage Dressing is my favorite part...JJ

Reactions: jcam222 and xray
Beautiful piece of work, looks delicious! All of a sudden I feel like firing up the flattop for some French toast and bacon. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky