My Wife Sent Me This

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Yeah I can just see this 6-7 months from now when the baby chix are with the others.
NOTE: This pic is not mine or from our chickens. Sent to my wife from another person.
325271820_690330719468271_3674495211472985115_n.jpg

From the sender.

THIS is my kitchen counter... For a year I've been trying to get my wife to downsize to 6 chickens since there's only 2 of us....
Now with all the egg price nonsense, she's convinced she needs to keep ALL 50....
We need to schedule an intervention... LOL

The Asian bird flu will reside and eggs will eventually return to more normal pricing. How long, don't know. Personally I'd start by cooking one chicken a month.

We don't have 50 birds but we do have some different colored eggs.

IMG_20230120_172016255.jpg

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Nice Jerry

Soon we will have diff colored eggs.

I'm not cooking any of our chickens,

We've got a guy near me who has been selling eggs for years, of course now with the price, he's busier than ever. They just did an article on him the other day, he has 700 birds. When you drive by his house there are about 10-20 roaming a coop, I thought that's all he had...

Reactions: JLeonard
Rick we aren't cooking any and not getting any roosters anytime soon

Yeah we aint either. I do think I have one rooster with the new batch of chics
We had a couple and as soon as they were big enough to confirm they were roosters we didn't have them anymore.
Got 21 eggs yesterday out of 24 chickens not bad considering most of the colored egg layers don't lay everyday according to everything we've read. We do seem to average 16-20 most days lately

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
We have a poultry auction down the rd few miles, If we do have a rooster I will take him down there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky