My Version Of The ''Beer Pole'' / ''Charcoal Chimney Stand''

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
So I was going to take 3 sets of these to the N.Fl. Gathering to give away. But circumstances came up and had to cancel at the last minute. Everybody at the S.Fl. Gathering already has them

This is my version of the Beer Pole (use for cornhole or horseshoes or whatever, just stick them in the ground) and it also doubles as a charcoal chimney stand... I use a torch and just stick it up through the expanded metal to light the charcoal... No messy ashes from paper flying around...

I've been using these for quite a few years...

Just stab in the ground wherever needed...
IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

They are very easy to make... #9 flat expanded metal... 1/4'' round bar around the perimeter... 1/4'' x 2'' flat bar cut 2'' long tacked on underneath side... 1/2'' round stock (whatever length you like) welded to the 2'' flat bar...

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

Last edited:
Pretty cool! I saw you mention them in the north Florida gathering thread.
Hope your wife gets well soon!

Ryan

They're even cooler in person.
I didn't have room for one in our little Buick or I would have happily accepted one.

Tell the Mrs. We're praying for her.

Those are cool Keith and they are very functional for lots of things it looks like

they originally started as just charcoal chimney stands with 1/4"steel plate instead of the expanded metal... I said hell... Chimney will get more air underneath If I use expanded metal

Nice, I like it both functionally and aesthetically.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky