My version of beef jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gone4nc

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
FREDERICK CO. MARYLAND
I start with sirloin tip. Freeze it slightly, then slice about 1/8" - 3/16". I marinade in Italian dressing with horse radish added. As I pat them dry and place in smoker I will sprinkle  very lightly with chipotle powder . Smoke at about 225*-250* until it taste and feels right usually about 1.5-2 hours,  I try for about 150*. This is not true jerky as it needs to be in the fridge, but not much makes it there. My friends love it. I like it because it is not chemicals and very little salt.

Mule, that batch is gine already, it's hardto get pictures when people keep eating it as I take it off. The even call to aee if I have some ready.

I have just finished slicing 5 llbs. of sirloin tip . I sliced it while it was half frozen, it sure was easier than raw. It's in the Italian marinade for tomorrow. I'll have qview later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky