My UDS Build in Manila.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatbutchiks

Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
Hello fellas, smokers, grill masters. I have a simple question to which I can't seem to find the answer to. Recently convinced my father to buy a new air compressor and scrap his old one, so I took it off his hands and now I'm doing my first smoker build. First question is what coat of paint do I need for the interior of the smoker, precisely what is it called? Pics here. Thanks. In advance and I'll keep you all posted.

You don't want paint inside. You want to clean it down to bare metal then coat it with oil like you do with a cast iron skillet.

Wow.... I did not know that. But how about those Weber kettles and smokey mountains, don't they have a high temp coating to insulate heat and not let it out?

Whoa that's a tall drink of water! Looks like you could hang a small pig in there! I'll be sticking around to see how this turn out!

Did you save the top to use as the lid?

hey Mule69,

How do you mean by oiling the inside? As in get a basting brush, dunk it in vegetable oil and just go to town? is that after or before i light a bonfire in that big bastard?

Oil the inside down after you finish the build. Brush, spray bottle or whatever method you can. Coat everything on the inside of the cook chamber and heat it up to 300 degrees for about two hours.

Hello fellas, smokers, grill masters. I have a simple question to which I can't seem to find the answer to. Recently convinced my father to buy a new air compressor and scrap his old one, so I took it off his hands and now I'm doing my first smoker build. First question is what coat of paint do I need for the interior of the smoker, precisely what is it called? Pics here. Thanks. In advance and I'll keep you all posted.

Looks good man. Howd the build go? If youre looking for hi temp BBQ paint in Manila, try true value. They sell there. Albeit, it is usually only black.

Otherwise, they carry high temp engine paint - in many colors

Imagine all the A.B.T.'s you could fit in there.
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky