My Traeger is making noise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motsyball

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
My Traeger is making noise and I think its coming from the auger turning. Is there a way to lubricate the auger? Or do I just need to plan on it dying soon? Is there a way to just replace the auger? Or should I plan on buying a whole new Trager grill? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Empty all pellets including the ones in the auger. See if it makes the same noise empty. And yes the auger is a replaceable part and not very difficult to switch out.

Reactions: bauchjw and kruizer
Do you have a link where I can buy a replacement auger?

What kind of a sound is it making? Mine makes a groaning or clicking noise from time to time. I’ve read that if you get too much sawdust mixed in there you could get scraping sounds too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky