MY THOUGHTS ON A REC TEC 1250

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If it does pizza well, then also probably a decent replacement for vortex wings and the only thing I’d be missing is the rotisserie part of the OnlyFire combo I have on the Weber.

That is a good point. I have a Santa Maria setup on my performer, and that is one thing that I’m going to keep. It has a roti on it too! But the kettle pizza may go next!
Al

I bought the RT700 about 6 months ago. I absolutely love it! I think you are going to grow to love your 1250 too! It will serve you well
And that was a great looking pastrami! I love picking up the corned beef that goes on sale right after St Paddy's day and turning it into pastrami

Reactions: SmokinAl
I don’t mind the clean up. If I clean the grease drain each time, it seems to be easy.
At least it takes less time to clean the RT than it did to clean the Lang.
Al

I really don’t mind the smoke color around the lid, it kind of gives it some character. But if it bothers me then I will take your advice, Thanks!
Al

Thanks a lot guys!
Problem is Judy wants to start using it. She saw how easy it is to use & I think she wants to do a pizza on it. If it turns out good, I guess I will be selling my Kettle Pizza setup Too!
Al
The 1250 does pizza very nicely! Directly on the grate or on a stone....it gets screaming HOT if you want it!
5AE6FD6A-700E-4DF6-A48E-9621A6505739.jpeg
2BA31295-9B66-4D20-AC26-D86174F0BC54.jpeg
F95A1D26-4508-4563-90B4-68AE4D3203CE.jpeg
C9A32412-F9AB-40BF-954C-8368BB3FB141.jpeg
C95032BD-5BEF-4A6C-BDC6-DEC7CC5E13DE.jpeg

Al just clean it well have new foil over the drip pan and let it pre-heat to burn off any old oil....after that it will burn clean!

I bought the RT700 about 6 months ago. I absolutely love it! I think you are going to grow to love your 1250 too! It will serve you well
And that was a great looking pastrami! I love picking up the corned beef that goes on sale right after St Paddy's day and turning it into pastrami

Thank you, we do the same, buying everything on sale.
Al
The 1250 does pizza very nicely! Directly on the grate or on a stone....it gets screaming HOT if you want it!
View attachment 630672View attachment 630673View attachment 630674View attachment 630675View attachment 630676
Al just clean it well have new foil over the drip pan and let it pre-heat to burn off any old oil....after that it will burn clean!

I like the drip pan un-foiled, it makes it seem like I’m cooking on a RF, and that is the RF plate. Weird huh!
Al

I like the drip pan un-foiled, it makes it seem like I’m cooking on a RF, and that is the RF plate. Weird huh!
Al
Not really, I was for many many years, now I do it just for simple cleaning up and makes it nicer for switching from low temp to high temp cooks. I do like the pan all seasoned up though, I think it does flow grease better. With the price of foil these days I may be ditching it soon too......

Not really, I was for many many years, now I do it just for simple cleaning up and makes it nicer for switching from low temp to high temp cooks. I do like the pan all seasoned up though, I think it does flow grease better. With the price of foil these days I may be ditching it soon too......

Exactly what I was thinking, the grease will flow much easier, and the pan will be seasoned like my RF plate, but still clean!
Win win!
Al

I haven’t ever tried the recteq pellets so I will say that up front. But if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the level of smokeyness being produced, find you some lumberjack pellets. Those things were a complete game changer on the food quality. My recteq with those pellets produce better BBQ/smokes than I ever had with an offset smoker. Been smoking for decades and the last 9 months have been the best and most consistent Q that I have ever produced

I haven’t ever tried the recteq pellets so I will say that up front. But if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the level of smokeyness being produced, find you some lumberjack pellets. Those things were a complete game changer on the food quality. My recteq with those pellets produce better BBQ/smokes than I ever had with an offset smoker. Been smoking for decades and the last 9 months have been the best and most consistent Q that I have ever produced

Very nice. I like my RT 590. So far it has worked well and easy to clean up etc
Thanks guys, I will grab a bag of lumberjack to try!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky