• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My take on ABT's

sitkasmoker

Joined Nov 17, 2010
I make a buffalo chicken dip that I figured would go great as a filling in an ABT.

Started with some basics, some cooked chicken, hot sauce, ranch, chedder cheese, and cream cheese.  Added in some garlic powder, some cheyenne, and some paprika.  Mixed it all together and stuffed away.

Of course everything got bacon'd and went into a 250 Deg smoker for 2 hours.  This is what I ended up with.

If you make extra filling...Just throw it in the oven till it is warm and just bubbling, Serve with celery or crackers and you have a great dip.  Hope you enjoy.

Matt

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
We love buffalo chicken dip and make it all the time. Great looking ABT's

irie

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 11, 2010
These sound delicious! I am definitely going to give these a try.

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Started with some basics, some cooked chicken, hot sauce, ranch, chedder cheese, and cream cheese.  Added in some garlic powder, some cheyenne, and some paprika.  Mixed it all together and stuffed away.

Matt
 Well, that doesn't really sound that HOT, HOT, HOT to me. Of course maybe its using that Cheyenne. Maybe some Apache would work better.

They do look very good

sitkasmoker

Joined Nov 17, 2010
 Well, that doesn't really sound that HOT, HOT, HOT to me. Of course maybe its using that Cheyenne. Maybe some Apache would work better.

They do look very good

Back in the creative days that was made to be a homemade hotplate.  Actually I have made this recipe with some Arbol Chile before and it kicks it up pretty nice.  This batch is heading in for the shift tonight so I toned it down.

The Cheyenne are a hard to spice to get
  But let me know if you have any Apache....I have been looking for years...lol

Last edited:

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Well your ABT's are looking good and yummO too.

smokin dad

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 26, 2009
love buffalo dip   never thought of in ABTS   will have to try that way some time

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
I like it, I made some for our Halloween Party, and have an order for Christmas and New Years

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.