• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My Sons Birthday Request!!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
You sir go to the head of the "best dad" line. Get 'em hooked on bbq-ing and meat smoking and he wont have money to get in trouble with. Of course you may need to start a "go fund me" for wings and charcoal. :emoji_laughing:
Jim
Your too kind man! Appreciate the nice words and like! Ha, sad but true on the wings and charcoal.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Justin that is great he is taking up grilling like you!! My daughter's birthday is the 29th also.
Tell him happy b-day
Richie

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Awesome, I thought for sure this was going to be a Smokey Joe, the 18''er is a great grill for camping and tailgating and home use. That is a perfect gift for the little man, awesome job Pop's.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
My son enjoy hanging out with me while I'm cooking, granted he is only 18 months old, but he likes being around the food smell and being out with me. I love every second of it! Your son will have so much fun cooking with you. Can't wait to hear the things you guys come up with!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
What a great gift for a youngster, that is one sweet setup! Wings, burgers, maybe a steak now and then. Happy B-Day to your son, I'll bet he's thrilled with his gift. RAY
Thank you Ray! He was so happy this morning!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
What a great idea! This could be a really fun dad/son hobby. For the next gift opportunity, maybe get him a good thermometer.
Thanks! Has been fun so far... and yes, I agree on the therm. Appreciate the like as well!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Now that's truly an awesome birthday request from a young man!! You're obviously raising him right Justin. Well done, my friend.
Wish him a happy birthday from Miss Linda and me.
Gary
Surely appreciate the kind words and like my friend! He said to tell Miss Linda and yourself Thank You!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
I gave my grandson a toy Weber for Christmas a couple years ago because he has always been fascinated by mine.
Toy Weber
I think he had just turned 4. It's still one of his favorites, and we might upgrade to a real 18" in a few more years, like your son. It'll probably have to be a my house, though. (For the record, his dad sucks at bbq and grilling, and most everything else in the manly arts.)
Thanks for dropping a line, appreciate it and the like! Sounds like some good bonding time with your Grandson!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Wow. That hit me. I love when my son wants to cook with me but at four his attention span isn’t quite there yet. It is great sharing a love and passion. Tell him happy birthday and enjoy the bonding.
Thanks for the kind words and like, appreciate it! That is about the time he started cooking with me, so sounds like you have a future Pitmaster! Sorry for the delayed response, he said thank you!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
That's Awesome, Justin!!
You got a couple of Great Kids.
A Son who's ready for some Grilling!!!
And I know that Daughter is also a Great Hunter!!
What more Fun could a Dad ask for!!

Bear
Thanks Bear, I’m a lucky guy to have these two! Appreciate ya dropping a line!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
That's awesome! Yep gonna be the best dad! Tell him happy birthday from me and Shelly also! Can't wait to see his 1st post!

Oh and in a few years you can get him a home brewers kit... then he can make ya beer and BBQ for ya! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Thanks for the kind words Ryan! Sorry for the delayed response, he said to tell Shelly and yourself thank you!

I’m liking the idea of some Brew and Q... sounds awesome to me!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Congrats. You did get off cheap. If he said he wanted a 36 inch offset that would have been a bit more expensive.
Thank you and you are correct... that would have definitely set me back more than the kettle. Appreciate ya dropping a line!

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Justin that is great he is taking up grilling like you!! My daughter's birthday is the 29th also.
Tell him happy b-day
Richie
Yea Richie, I was pretty happy that’s what he wanted! Sorry for the delayed response, he said thank you! Hoping your daughter had a Happy Birthday as well! Appreciate ya dropping a line and the like my friend!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.