My Slicer is Busticated!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
SE Arizona
Sliced up a small beef roast for sandwiches for the coming weeks lunches tonight. I was disassembling it for cleaning and rotated to cover plate is the WRONG direction and broke the plastic/nylon hub on the 665. I am waiting for a list of available parts and prices from Chefs Choice so I can put it back in service. Until then, it is back to my ancient, never fail Rival.

• Wow
Reactions: JC in GB
Here is a picture of the broken part.
1671067411877.jpeg

Know of anyone with a 3D printer? They may be able to replicate the part pretty easy.

Not anyone where I live. Chefs Choice is looking for the part. I sent the photo to them tonight per their request. Wait and see.

I love my Oster, but I do have a 1/2 HP Hobart I use for large jobs....
IF! I decide to replace the CC 665, I am leaning toward Berkel, the 200 series. I doubt that I would ever spend that kind of money but one never knows.

The white collar on the table is supposed to stay on the hub ?
The black piece is the nut ?

The white collar on the table is supposed to stay on the hub ?
The black piece is the nut ?
Yes. The white piece on the table broke off the white piece attached to the slicer by the screw. The black piece secures the blade and is threaded to the piece on the table.

My wife brought me one of those she got at Goodwill back in the spring. I laughed at it, but actually does a decent job for what it is.
I have had the Rival for decades. Still does a decent job. Just have to touch up the blade with a stone to sharpen.

Reactions: DougE
I have had the Rival for decades. Still does a decent job. Just have to touch up the blade with a stone to sharpen.
Mine likes to leave a little tag at the bottom, so I just flip the meat every few passes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky