My North FL Event Offering: Who Would Like To Cook It? (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Appreciate it Charles. So what's it gonna take to get you to the event?

Robert
I've got fishing charters booked that Friday and Saturday, very good repeat customers. As much as I'd LOVE to be there, my busy time is starting to fire up and April & May are absolutely the prime months for fishing. June is next, but March is usually pretty good, too...

Just now seeing this... I am in with Brian... As Robert said... I have never had the pleasure to work with anything like this... So yea... I'm all in with Brian as he is gonna do Fridays meal... Tim ( bamafan bamafan ) and I are gonna cook Sat. meal... Don't know about Brian but I sure will need your help/advice on breaking it down...

This will be a GREAT learning experience ...

That’s F’in awesome Robert! I’ve been on the receiving end of one of the tomahawks and one of the nicest steaks I’ve ever had. Whoever breaks that thing down and cooks it has got a hell of a burden on their shoulders!

Maybe grind it for burgers? 😂😂

Dang Robert, I would love to be there to see it cooked. The rib section I had was the best ever!!
47730cfb-92ea-495a-b49b-3314e5740ffd-jpeg.jpg
One of the most memorable SMF pics of all time!!

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
That's a lot of pressure your putting on someones shoulders Robert.
Nah. Once you get it broken down it's really not any different that cooking anything else most of the folks here have already cooked.

Robert

WOW! What a contribution!!! Robert-I am still on the fence about attending. I have prior commitments to help build a new skinning shed at the deer camp..
Deer camp can wait a week Keith. This event however is happening. That camp will still be there with plenty of time before hunting season to get the shed built. Sure would love to meet you after all these years of communication back and forth here in the forum.

Robert

Another way to look at this is a private cook session from none other then tx smoker tx smoker ?
Thanks so much for the vote of confidence but this won't be a cooking lesson. I'll be on vacation and not doing any work other than walking back and forth to the beer cooler. Whoever takes this on will be doing the cooking. I'll just be there to support breaking it down to be cooked.

Robert

Just now seeing this... I am in with Brian... As Robert said... I have never had the pleasure to work with anything like this... So yea... I'm all in with Brian as he is gonna do Fridays meal
bmudd14474 bmudd14474 does this mean it's decided that the roast is gonna be cooked and served for Friday dinner? I've been curious which day it'd get done.
Tim ( bamafan bamafan ) and I are gonna cook Sat. meal
Or is part of it going to be done Friday by Brian and the rest done Saturday by Keith?
Don't know about Brian but I sure will need your help/advice on breaking it down...
We can go over the different options on getting it broken down into whatever cuts you gentlemen would like.

Robert

That’s F’in awesome Robert! I’ve been on the receiving end of one of the tomahawks and one of the nicest steaks I’ve ever had.
It does make for some pretty good steaks. There are those in the know who are hoping to see your smiling face in attendance. It wouldn't be a bad trip for you and there's plenty of time to plan for it :emoji_wink:
Maybe grind it for burgers? 😂😂
Punishable by 30 days in the electric chair!!

Robert

Robert... It's the way we've done it in the past... Dosn't mean it has to be that way now... Brian had asked about cooking days before this opportunity came about... So it could very well change...

Robert... It's the way we've done it in the past... Dosn't mean it has to be that way now
I appreciate the clarification Keith, but honestly, it doesn't matter to me one bit. If you're taking on even part of this, please feel free to do it however and whenever you want. Heck, it may even be more fun doing part on Friday and the rest on Saturday. It's entirely up to you and Brain. I am just a support mechanism to help you get started :emoji_wink:

Robert

tx smoker tx smoker I think that it will either be Friday Dinner or we will use it multiple ways throughout the day on Saturday. Still bouncing Ideas around in my head. We will get it finalized in the next few weeks but my goal is to showcase it in as may ways as possible.

tx smoker tx smoker I think that it will either be Friday Dinner or we will use it multiple ways throughout the day on Saturday. Still bouncing Ideas around in my head. We will get it finalized in the next few weeks but my goal is to showcase it in as may ways as possible.
Sounds like a great plan Brian. I like that idea and either or both days is just fine by me. I'll make sure to have plenty of beer :emoji_laughing: No hurry figuring it out though. We have plenty of time.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky