My new toy showed up today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah Smoked that can be a problem ...

PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif

I ordered my grinder and slicer today. I know I got the right slicer cuz I bookmarked it from our chat, but I guessed at the grinder. I think I read it was #8 200 watts? Ordered all the plates too while I was at it. Hope it doesn't take as long as the darned Firebox o get here!

Oh and I finally came up with an inexpensive
2-1/2" sausage stuffer that's 10" long for my salamis, Caprcolla and Olive loafs
Cost $3.50 Are you ready for this?

It's a canning jar funnel $1.99 and a "As Seen On TV" Chip holder $1.50. The chip holder fits tightly to the funel but I think I'll add a few SS machine screws to make sure it doesn't fall off while I'm stuffing it.
7f1f01af_vbattach11935.jpg

cool, like I said I only had one problem getting the blade off, hopefully you don't have the same issue, but once I saw it was the die cast hub needed to have some of the flashing removed. I also talked with pragotrade folks about a cheese blade and a sharpener for it, they don't have any right now but said the slicer is so new that there is more stuff in development and they are supposed to contact me when and if either of those become available.

okay, for giggles I did reply to ryan case at weston supply and let him know you think I should be getting a commission!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
have to see if he replies to that or not!!!

Hey I was thinking ...

maybe we can hook up and sell them here at the Smokestore? One of the afiliate things or something? Folks are always looking for that sort of thing.

What do you think Jeff?

Maybe it's location? Haven't got the grinder yet though and If they hadn't already taken my money I'd have canceled the firebox and gone elsewhere!

I got mine yesterday!!! Jerky is going to be my first experiment!!! I have the jerky board and knife, but I still can't get even slices, and when the meat get's low, I'm scared I'm going to take a 1/4 slice out of the palm of my hand. I need one of those kevlar gloves to protect meeself!!!

Hey Smoked, what's that 5 you should get commission on???

Well I just broke in my slicer. I had no problem taking off the blade. Now I just have to get a cleaning system down for it. I came home @ lunch time and put on a rump roast like Gypc posted and had my wife feed the MES chips every so often and wrapped it when done. She did great, and may have the smoking bug! After a little rest I sliced the roast away! I kicked my sandwich up with peppers, and the kids wanted something a little tamer ...... so we whipped up some gravy/dipping sauce for them.

Any secret tips on cleaning that thing?

he he he....well just got done slicing up one of the corned beef's from the roasts I had been corning......got two more on the smoker right now for pastrami almost done......then tomorrow the last two will go into crocks with cabbage for dinner......
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
love the new slicer.....

We didn't go shoping last night someone didn't want to go till tonight so we didn't go - now we are having a blizzard all day and tomorrow so I don't have a brisket! I didn't get a brisket for this weekend ! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

should have corned your own.......I still have the two left for tomorrow, gonna give them the water soak here in a bit and prep them.......oh yea, and slice up the pastrami......
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Hi all, I just ordered my buckboard bacon cure and want to purchase the slicer you all have been talking about.....did I miss a link to where to purchase it?? Can somone please point me in the right direction.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky