• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My new reverse flow

sniltz

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2008
Hello, I just bought a new reverse flow from Cauble Custom Fabrication in Salisbury, NC. He does some amazing work. Got a few questions since I have never owned a reverse flow before.
1) How do I get even temps across the chamber?
2) What size wood do I need? Chunks or whole logs? Lump or charcoal briquettes?

Last edited:

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Nice smoker you got there...Enjoy!!
Reverse flow should run pretty even.
I usually just start my fire with a weed burner. Or you can add a fully lite chimney of charcoal/lump mix. And then add a couple splits about the diameter of a soda can size.
When your temps start dropping add one or 2 more splits.
There will be a slight learning curve with fire management.

sniltz

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2008
Ok thanks a lot. I've heard some people say lower the nose on a RF smoker and other say raise it. Which is it, or does it matter? I used to smoking on my large direct offset for many years but, this smoker is a whole new character.

northgaq477

Joined Jul 10, 2016
I prefer to cook with the nose up on my Lang because it allows the smoke to move through the chamber more efficiently.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice looking rig!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.