My new MES30 racks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
As some may remember, I've been looking for smaller grid racks with feet for my recently acquired MES30 which I've brought back to life. Struck out big time online but finally found some Fox Run racks from The Bakers Kitchen for $6.95 each which were darn close but still too short in length to fit in the smoker's rack channels.

Stock MES30 rack is 14.5" wide
Fox Run rack is 14.25" wide

Then I started thinking about my lonely Mig welder out in the shop.

Received the rack and yup, they were too short. Started thinking about what I could do to these racks to add some girth to the width. Since I modified similar racks for my MES40 with the help of Mr. Miggy, I dove into it today, while my MES40 was working on some more Salmon. Found some chrome rod off of a retired Big Chief smoker rack and simply added a piece of rod to each side of the new racks. This added about 1/8" to each side. Now the racks are 14.5+". Need to clean, steel wool the racks and sometime, I'll do another burn in.

Cheers

IMG_1981.JPG
IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1978.JPG

Last edited:
nice! i'll be looking for some shortly for my mes 30 also, they're starting to get a little rusty

Good work!
I dont weld. I would have probably rigged up some wood inserts for the rack ridges in the MES done some other hack job with my limited skills hahaha.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky