My New Burgers (Replacing My Deerburgers)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As usual you stuff look great Bear but man I am jonesing for deviled eggs!!! Waiting for the missus to make a batch from the easter eggs. For a long time I did like you and hit them hard with black and a little cayenne pepper but no longer do. I now use new mexican red (hatch) chile powder. Love that stuff!

Thank You Sam!!
I'll have to look into that!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's some good looking burgers bear!

Thank You Jim!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Those burgers look great John! I used to do a 50/50 mix of ground hot breakfast sausage and ground beef. Was pretty tasty if you are in that mood for that type of burger. Right now I grind 50/50 brisket and chuck. Seems to be the fan favorite around these parts. None the less yours look great man and I would be happy to sit down to a couple any day!

Thank You John!!
50-50% might be a little much for us, since sometimes we go with 100% Pork Sausage. I think I might try Ray's 60-40% though, and see how we like that first.

Bear

Last edited:
Nice Bear! Have only done straight ground beer burgers. Will try with ground pork soon.

Thank You Neighbor!!
I probably never would have tried it, but the Pork made my Deerburger so good, I figured I'd add some to Beef.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looking good, John. Except for the one with sandwich spread--I really hate that stuff.
When I do a mix, I use the same 75/25 as yours. I've found that makes a really good burger.
And, as for the deviled eggs, you're lucky I wasn't around. You might have got trampled. LOL.
Gary

LOL---Thank You Gary!!
Appreciate that !!

Bear

Oh, Bear.... That plate looks awesome! Just buns alone, covered with ketchup and mustard looks so appetizing to me... I would eat burgers every day (with an exception when I eat stakes, ribs, etc. :emoji_wink:) but amount of carbs doesn't allow me that....

Thank You Push!
Dang Diets!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice burgers and nice on the mix. Love the deviled eggs too!

Thank You Civil!!!
Appreciate That.

Bear

Great looking burgers Bear, 3 days in a row. That's how I like to eat what i cook until its gone. Mona wants to move on to something else after maybe pushing it for 2 meals ( except Ham or Turkey dinners )
I'm not much on shell fish , but in my house for Wife no such thing as leftover scallops or lobster ...ha ha

David

Thank You David!!
LOL---When Bear Jr was a kid, I was usually a couple days behind the Wife & Kid.
They'd be making new Dinners, while I was still getting rid of the leftovers from earlier meals. I used to tell her, "How 'bout stopping cooking & let me catch up?!?!"

Bear

LOL---When Bear Jr was a kid, I was usually a couple days behind the Wife & Kid.
They'd be making new Dinners, while I was still getting rid of the leftovers from earlier meals. I used to tell her, "How 'bout stopping cooking & let me catch up?!?!"

Bear
[/QUOTE]
That's funny,
When Mona ( wife ) gets into one of her feed the world a pie moods. Normally when our apples are ready for picking, she will bake for about 3 days , pies , cakes , cinnamon rolls etc etc . For me and the neighbors, I'm in heaven ...but than i have to try to slow her down without hurting her feelings , because if i do that might be the end of the sweets. And i don't really have lots of time to do it myself all the time
Wow i think i need a slab of cake now with maybe some chocolate ice cream
David

Reactions: Bearcarver
Tasty looking burgers Bear! My wife just made me deviled eggs otherwise I'd be drooling over those also! Might have to try your burger mix... running low on venison burger ourselves

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
LOL---Yup, Bear Jr was slacking last year on the Venison harvest.
He said he'll make up for it by getting me some Shad Roe. We'll soon see!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Winner winner burger dinner, as usual Bear!

What would you say that meat/fat ratio is on these?

Thank You PM!!
I would say it's about 80/20, because the Beef is 80/20, which is 75% of the mix.
The Pork could be a little less Lean than the Beef, but not enough to change the whole mix much.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Just in time for this weekend! I am going to smoke our first burgers, then reverse sear them on the grill. Mrs. Smoke makes the patties from an old recipe that I remember as a kid. She still uses the old wooden patti press. Yours look great!

Thank You Smoke!!
Yours will be Great Too!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those Burgers look excellent, John. Another great meal from that Ninja! All 3 meals look delicious, but I'm partial to the first one with the Scallops. Great work.

Thank You Mike!!
Yup---I'm definitely Loving this Newest Toy!!
Really does Great Work!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky