My new BBQ buddy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Also, better pic him up one of these… 😉

BF80FFEC-30EA-4C05-93AA-9C10F2BA3F30.png

Congrats to you and the parents I'm sure you'll have him smoking some ribs and butts soon enough to put some meat on his bones

A Grandson--that's great news, Jim. Every Grampa needs at least one Grandson to pass his "wisdom" on to.
We only have one grandchild, but he's all boy. Great to have around, but as all boys can be, at 5 years old he can be a real handful--that's when its time for Grampa to step up and steer him right.
Enjoy!!!!
Gary

If ya want help teaching him to chase girls, drink beer and pee outside... sign me up! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
I taught my 5 year old grandson, Orion, to pee outside this spring. Once was all it took and for the next 2 weeks anytime he had to go, he'd just drop his pants and let 'er rip. I've since been informed, by his mother, that I should have also taught him that peeing outside at Grampa's place out in the bush was fine, but......dropping his pants and peeing in the common area of their apartment complex in the big city was a no-no. Who knew??? :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:
Gary

I taught my 5 year old grandson, Orion, to pee outside this spring. Once was all it took and for the next 2 weeks anytime he had to go, he'd just drop his pants and let 'er rip. I've since been informed, by his mother, that I should have also taught him that peeing outside at Grampa's place out in the bush was fine, but......dropping his pants and peeing in the common area of their apartment complex in the big city was a no-no. Who knew??? :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:
Gary

Ha, when I was a young guy… kindergarten age… we have always lived out in the country and peeing outside was just common, and my Dad and Grandpa encouraged it as it was easier when ya were out in the field vs going all the way back to the house!

Well, all was good til I took that mentality to kindergarten… well I had to go… so I did! On the playground swing set leg… Me in all my glory watering down the swing set leg… Mom and Dad got a call on that one! 🤣

Congrats, Jim. I have a couple of granddaughters. Both like eating what I cook up, but the older one isn't really interested in learning how I do what I do. The younger likes to cook, but not quite old enough yet to learn the art. Teach him well to keep the art of smoking living on in future generations as he grows up.

Reactions: JLeonard
Congrats, my grandson was the first 1 and he showed up early and spent a few weeks at Children's hospital, boys lungs develop slower than girls, he is now 17 and his sister is 16, lordy they grow quick .

Thanks folks. Talked to my son this morning. Still gonna be a couple of days before he's out. Weaning oxygen and they are tube feeding him due to the CPAP. Hes maintaining his weight and regulating his temp on his own, so off the warming pad now. But doc said he is doing great. I am not a peds nurse by any means. So this is well out of my wheel house.

Jim

Thanks folks. Talked to my son this morning. Still gonna be a couple of days before he's out. Weaning oxygen and they are tube feeding him due to the CPAP. Hes maintaining his weight and regulating his temp on his own, so off the warming pad now. But doc said he is doing great. I am not a peds nurse by any means. So this is well out of my wheel house.

Jim

I am no health care person at all Jim… but sounds like things are headed in the right direction!

Reactions: JLeonard
Congrats to you Jim!! I am jealous. Would love to have a grandson but alas, I have none. Maybe one day....Now you gotta teach him the right way to do food starting as soon as he can walk :emoji_wink:

Robert

Jim

Sounds like great news to me Jim. He'll be home in no time at all.

Now your first official Grampa duty is to figure out a way to smoke his breast milk. He's probably wondering what's taking so long.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky