My Mistress.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Thin blue smoke and Meat! This time it’s brisket. Last minute idea, so this one is going to go the fast route. Rolling at 250-275 for about 5 hours then foil pan covered and oven finished at 350F. It’s not so hard to do.

IMG_1498.jpeg

All trimmed up she weighs just a skosh under 15#.

IMG_1499.jpeg

Just salt, pepper and garlic for rub, but now I’ll make up some of my bbq juice to mop it with for color and another layer of flavor. May make a pan of borracho beans too.

I’ll keep you posted. 10:30am local time now. Supper is at 7:00pm.

Making the bbq juice to start mopping. It’s a good finish sauce too. See the link.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/bbq-juice.308642/

IMG_1501.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking like a really good start Eric. Don't have time to type much though. I gotta get on the road for a brisket dinner that's hitting the table at 7:00 :emoji_laughing: BTW, I also have a brisket going but much smaller than yours. It's what the butcher calls a "trimmed" brisket. Mine can wait till I get home from the other brisket dinner I'm headed to :emoji_wink:

Robert

The drunken, or borracho beans are together and going on. For those of you who have not tried Goya brand canned beans, these are good to eat out of the can. Nothing like the rank and file canned beans with that slimy juice surrounding them, these are the best canned bean I’ve ever eaten.

IMG_1503.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

The mistress in foil after 5 hours on the Yoder pellet machine. She is about 155-160IT now cover and oven finish a couple hours. Will just be a nice piece of meat. Not in competition with anyone but will be a good eating piece of meat. Will post the finished product.

IMG_1506.jpeg

This is about as good as it. Gets. All in under 9 hours. Delicious for sure. It’s not hard to do.

Reactions: DougE
Excellent plate and cut shot.
Thin blue smoke and Meat! This time it’s brisket. Last minute idea, so this one is going to go the fast route. Rolling at 250-275 for about 5 hours then foil pan covered and oven finished at 350F. It’s not so hard to do.
I am a regular on the start in the smoker and foil wrap to finish in the oven.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Excellent plate and cut shot.

I am a regular on the start in the smoker and foil wrap to finish in the oven.
Makes life so simple. Yeah the bark and what not are not just “so” but the meat eats perfectly. I’m with you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky