My Meat Mixer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ha

Thats funny Cougar.....Oh did i mention that i worked on USAF DOD Black projects for 20 years....DOH

Anyways

I got the sticks cut and vac sealed.

b6b09ae4_DSC01274.jpg

9dc87f5b_DSC01275.jpg

1a5f4cc7_DSC01276.jpg

Still looks Great Nepas, but you better eat that crooked one, or there won't be 5 sticks in each pack!   
biggrin.gif

Bear

So my friend who made me the water powered stuffer sent me a meat mixer he developed. I think this will hold 8-10 lbs.

Going to put 5 lbs in it this weekend for some sticks.

Paddle, 3 different shafts, bushings, top, drill end driver.
Nepas/Cougar, where do the 3 shaft come in?  I see one shaft goes in the bucket and another shaft gets the paddle attached and is driven by the drill, but what's the 3rd shaft used for?  What is each shaft made from?

Are one of you guys also known as Pikeman_95 on other forums?

Nepas/Cougar, where do the 3 shaft come in?  I see one shaft goes in the bucket and another shaft gets the paddle attached and is driven by the drill, but what's the 3rd shaft used for?  What is each shaft made from?

Are one of you guys also known as Pikeman_95 on other forums?
Yes he is on the Bradley forum. Heck of a nice guy

Cool looking mixer. I'd like too see how it all goes together, or maybe a how to on how to make it. Or is that classified as top secret/need to know. 

I have pics i will find and show.

On my quest to find an affordable stuffer, I stumbled across the posts on the Bradley forum. I searched for outside info, a way to order one, but didn't find anything. I decided to pass, figured a MES guy wasn't allowed on that site. hehehe

On my quest to find an affordable stuffer, I stumbled across the posts on the Bradley forum. I searched for outside info, a way to order one, but didn't find anything. I decided to pass, figured a MES guy wasn't allowed on that site. hehehe

We have MES guys there, just post in the non Bradley section.

I just used my Kirby bucket mixer with my last batch of mort.

I like it for these reasons:

1. it's fast

2. Easy to assemble & operate

3. It does a very thorough job of mixing

4. It can be cleaned very quickly

- Kevin

5cb7ad5b_Mort_postMix_sml.jpg

Nepas,

I just found this thread on the Bradley forum where you expained it very well: http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=22749.0

The Bradley thread only shows 2 shafts/pipes instead of the 3 in your photo at the beginging of this thread.  Anyway, i think only 2 pipes are needed.  A SS pipe and a plastic pipe that slided over the top of the SS one.

The last questions I have is about the drill drive attachement that screws to the top of the plastic pipe.  Is that something that can be purchased, or do you have to make it?  If it has to be made, is the hex shank welded (or some other way attached) to a brass hose barb like this (http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52-330-brass-hose-barbs/brass-hose-barb-614247.aspx)

Last edited:
Thanks.  I also wonder about the purpose of the 2-piece blade design.  The pipe screws into the round piece, then it attaches to the blade with 4 screws that are locked into holes/slots.  Couldn't the blade be made so the pipe could just screwed into it and eliminate the other piece?  What am I missing?

Here is the blade design. You need a corded 1/2 chuck drill and keep mixing forward, once you reverse the drill the blade unlocks from the bottom washer assy.

934df976_DSC01219.jpg

c0d755f9_DSC01220.jpg

78fbde18_DSC01225.jpg

Thanks Nepas, but that didn't really answer my question.  I was wondering why the blade is a two-piece design? Is it for strength/stability?  I'm trying to figure out why one couldn't eliminate the round piece and just screw the pipe directly into the blade itself?  Maybe I'm asking the wrong person  Cougar if you read this, can you shed some light?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky