My little buddy has gone to the great BBQ in the sky. RIP Boomer aka Skidmark... you'll be dearly missed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh No!!! Not Skidmark!!!
OMG, Even I'm going to miss him, and I never even met him in person.
So Sorry to hear that, Chris! I feel your Pain.
R.I.P. Skidmark.

Bear

Sorry Chris.

Its never easy to say goodbye to our furry companions.

Truer words were never spoken Norm. Thank you.

Really sad to hear this Chris,

Many of us have been through this and for me it wasn't easy either.

They say (whoever they are) that time will heal all wounds. But with dogs, who give you their undivided love and attention, it takes far too long!!

Take care my friend,

John

Totally agree John. I'm not a very emotional person, but this is one of those times. My wife carved a monument out of a rock that we have placed in our backyard. All of our dogs names are engraved on it. I still stop and say a prayer when I walk by.

Sorry to hear it always remember the good and goofies he brought you.

Thanks Chickenwings. There were plenty of good and goofy times for sure. I'll never forget them.

Chris

Last edited:
Awe man what a set back but you will always have memories from the heart of his time here on earth.
No easy experience been through it many times.

Warren

Thanks Warren, fond memories I have and will cherish forever. I've been through it many times also. However this is the first time I don't have another pup to fall back on.

Terribly sorry for your loss. They say dogs are Man's Best Friend. They are that and MORE! I feel and understand your loss...JJ

Appreciate it JJ, I know you as with other SMF family have experienced this feeling recently. This will be the first time in 35 years the wife and I don't have at least one little buddy roaming the yard, and waiting patiently for their plate of BBQ.

Chris,
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Thank you SecondHandSmoker.

Chris

So sorry to hear that! I loved seeing pics of skidmark in your posts. We have lost two loved ones in the last two years so definitely know how your feeling. Hang in there!

Ryan

Sorry to hear this. Our furry family is a great loss for us. They love without question.

I feel your pain as i have had to say goodbye to 3 of my kids over the years :emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:

Hang in there

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Chris. Boomer looks very bright! Looks like he is ready to say something in that picture.

Thanks Zwiller, Outside of his companionship, and love. I think the thing I'll miss most is his nudging me with his nose every morning at around 3:30. Skid was the best alarm clock I've ever had. Now I'll have to figure out how to work the electric alarm clock, and pray we don't experience any power outages.

Very, very sad and painful... I know what you fell, Chris.... My condolences....

Appreciate it pushok, It's not a good feeling, but at least we were prepared for this day.

Chris

Oh No!!! Not Skidmark!!!
OMG, Even I'm going to miss him, and I never even met him in person.
So Sorry to hear that, Chris! I feel your Pain.
R.I.P. Skidmark.

Bear

I appreciate that John, It's going to be tough breaking out the smokers without him by my side. I think you would have liked him. If you met him.

Very, very sad and painful... I know what you fell, Chris.... My condolences....

Thank you pushok,

So sorry to hear that! I loved seeing pics of skidmark in your posts. We have lost two loved ones in the last two years so definitely know how your feeling. Hang in there!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, He was a fixture around the kettles and WSM. I'm sorry for you recent losses also.

Chris

Ah man Chris I am sorry to hear that man. I know he was your smoking buddy. Always loved seeing the pictures. Had to do the same thing a year ago with our longtime dog. Always hard to do. Have a few PBR's and hang in there buddy.

We are saying no more too Chris. Went through this in March our next is 19 the next 13 and a 4 year old.

Warren

It was a tough decision, but the wife and I want to do some traveling, and just didn't think it would be fair to leave a new pup with someone.

Sorry to hear this. Our furry family is a great loss for us. They love without question.

I feel your pain as i have had to say goodbye to 3 of my kids over the years :emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:

Hang in there

Thank you SFLsmkr1. Skid was our 10th pooch and saying goodbye has never been easy.

Chris

My sincere condolences Chris. RAY

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this — the last battle — can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close — we two — these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Chris, Given time, the pain will diminish.... I've been there...

Dave

Appreciate it Dave. I've been through it a few times myself. I know the pain will diminish, but also knowing Skid will be our last one - makes it a tougher pill to swallow.

Ah man Chris I am sorry to hear that man. I know he was your smoking buddy. Always loved seeing the pictures. Had to do the same thing a year ago with our longtime dog. Always hard to do. Have a few PBR's and hang in there buddy.

Thank John, It's a little early to start drowning the sorrows but they are cold and will be inhaled this afternoon.

Chris

My sincere condolences Chris. RAY

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this — the last battle — can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close — we two — these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Thanks Ray that was a beautiful poem. I'll have to show it to my wife.

Chris

Condolences...
%2Fcb%2F9d%2F4d%2Fcb9d4dcc3e1ab8c62045b1bb2f1f79f6.jpg

I'm so sorry Chris. Skidmark has been more of a trademark here. Always loved it when you included him in a thread. He'll not only be missed by you but also by some of us here.

Deeply saddened,
Robert

I'm so sorry Chris. Skidmark has been more of a trademark here. Always loved it when you included him in a thread. He'll not only be missed by you but also by some of us here.

Deeply saddened,
Robert

Appreciate that Robert. He put more time in watching the pits then I did. I have a 6 month old grandson that I'll be showing the ropes to in a year or so. I hope he enjoys it as much as Skidmark did.

Chris

What a beautiful boy. Damn I hate it when I get teary eyed but we love the puppies.
The best therapy is another fur baby. There are so many dogs and cats that need a good home and someone to love them.
You're in my thoughts Chris. Thanks for sharing Skidmark with us.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky