My little buddy has gone to the great BBQ in the sky. RIP Boomer aka Skidmark... you'll be dearly missed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One thing I'm very grateful for is living in a rural area. For both our our two dogs that we had put to sleep, our vet drove 30 miles to come to the house. Was still hard but was some comfort that they were at home.

Ryan

My condolences. Dogs are like family and it is always a difficult time when one passes.

Appreciate it nimrod. They were all tough, but this one was the toughest as he was the baby of our pack.

Chris

Just to close this thread out.

Here is the master training the student. Stink was abandoned on a major highway in a box with his brothers and sisters. Skid was abandoned in one of my daughters friends barns. Both were under a month old when they were abandoned.

Stink vs. Skid
1607207683440.png

Skids baby picture:

1607208084709.png

3/5ths of the pack:

Stink, Sixtoe, my daughter, and Skid

1607208157846.png

Man do I miss these guys. Thanks for putting up with me.

Chris

Those pics are wonderful Chris, you'll always have the memories. We often look at the old pics of our long gone furry Family members and smile as we reminisce. Usually starts a conversation like"Remember the time..."

Dogs are the purest love on the face of the earth. Sorry to read of your loss, Chris. Thank you for sharing your memories.
Totally agree with this sentiment. We lost ours last year, but I think of her every day. It will get better, but it does take a while. Take care!

Those pics are wonderful Chris, you'll always have the memories. We often look at the old pics of our long gone furry Family members and smile as we reminisce. Usually starts a conversation like"Remember the time..."

Thanks MJ, we're the same way. Every dog had their own special thing that we remember.

Dogs are the purest love on the face of the earth. Sorry to read of your loss, Chris. Thank you for sharing your memories.

No problem and thanks noboundaries. Pups don't ask for much, but they give everything.

Totally agree with this sentiment. We lost ours last year, but I think of her every day. It will get better, but it does take a while. Take care!

Appreciate it Mneeley, we see things all the time that remind us of our past pups. Even some of the bad experiences now bring a chuckle to my wife and I.

Chris

Thank you all for the comments, likes, sad emjoi's. I appreciate them.

Chris

Sad and joyful day today. I get to pick up Boomers(Skidmarks) ashes this afternoon, and give him a proper burial in his favorite spot in the yard.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky