My little buddy has gone to the great BBQ in the sky. RIP Boomer aka Skidmark... you'll be dearly missed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
1606999460552.png

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but between work and spending as much time as I could with skidmark. It's been a tough week. This morning around 3:30 we had to put my little buddy to sleep. He'll be greatly missed.

Chris

This is a song by Henry Gross written as a tribute to Shannon. Carl Wilson(of the beach boys) dog when she passed away.

Sorry to hear that Chris never an easy thing to do but for those of us with animals unfortunately it's our responsibility not to let them suffer. Still it's not an easy decision to make.

Man that sucks. You will get another one that will bring you happiness but you will always remember him.

Sorry to hear it Chris. I’ll miss Skidmark. I will always remember the times when you would post a new thread, Skidmark would patiently waiting for a sample of your good bbq.

Sorry to hear Chris, it’s never an easy thing. I’m still not over my loss from 6 months ago.

RIP Skidmark.

Sorry to hear this Chris. It's never easy, but at least we are allowed to do the Humane thing for our pets so they do not have to suffer. It sucks for sure. We have 3, 2 are aged 12 + 13 so they may go very close to each other. the other is 6. Hearts are with you and your Family.

Really sad to hear this Chris,

Many of us have been through this and for me it wasn't easy either.

They say (whoever they are) that time will heal all wounds. But with dogs, who give you their undivided love and attention, it takes far too long!!

Take care my friend,

John

• Love
Reactions: forktender
Awe man what a set back but you will always have memories from the heart of his time here on earth.
No easy experience been through it many times.

Warren

I'm sorry to hear. :( Losing a dog is just as painful as losing a human family member. Sometimes worse depending on the family member...
My condolences.

Thank you Tucker, It's never easy, but this one was especially hard on my wife and I.

That's a tough one for sure . Hang in there .

Appreciate that Chop. I have allot of good memories to help me cope and get me thru this.

Sorry to hear that Chris never an easy thing to do but for those of us with animals unfortunately it's our responsibility not to let them suffer. Still it's not an easy decision to make.

Thanks Jim, We knew this day was coming for a while. This morning Booms made the decision for us.

Chris

Terribly sorry for your loss. They say dogs are Man's Best Friend. They are that and MORE! I feel and understand your loss...JJ

Man that sucks. You will get another one that will bring you happiness but you will always remember him.

Thanks farmer, we have plenty of memories, but unfortunately I think Boomer was our last pup.

Sorry to hear it Chris. I’ll miss Skidmark. I will always remember the times when you would post a new thread, Skidmark would patiently waiting for a sample of your good bbq.

Appreciate that Justin. Skid made a great taste tester, and never let me forget I had the smoker going.

Sorry to hear Chris, it’s never an easy thing. I’m still not over my loss from 6 months ago.

RIP Skidmark.

I know the feeling xray. My wife and I have had 10 pooches since we've been married. Once with a pack of 5. I still reminisce about them all. A few of them drove me crazy, but I wouldn't trade anything for the time we spent together.

Chris

So sorry to hear this Chris.
He is begging at the eternally fired kettle in the sky.

Thanks Moto, he was definitely a Kettle head(in more ways then one), but he was also the only one of our many dogs that would stay right near the smoker from start to finish.

Sorry to hear this Chris. It's never easy, but at least we are allowed to do the Humane thing for our pets so they do not have to suffer. It sucks for sure. We have 3, 2 are aged 12 + 13 so they may go very close to each other. the other is 6. Hearts are with you and your Family.

Appreciate it MJ, Two of my biggest fears were that: one I wouldn't be able to make the call, and two: I'd be at work when the time came to make the call. Thankfully Boomer let me know when he was ready.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know it hurts.

Thanks Steve for the kind words.

Chris

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Chris. Boomer looks very bright! Looks like he is ready to say something in that picture.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky