My Inkbird Sous Vide just arrived

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
No - I didn't win the contest earlier this week but Inkbird most graciously did provide a coupon code to get the price down to about $66. It just arrived. It is much bigger than I thought it would be. The quality of the build seems pretty good as well...feels heavy, solidly built.

Leftovers will most definitely be reheated this way and I plan to go through the Sous Vide threads to get some ideas for something new to try.

sv.jpg

Wow that looks good. I have one not inkbird but I have only used it once. I don’t have an actual container to cook in so I just did a chicken breast in my sink haha. I need to invest in a cooking container if anyone can recommend one.

Reactions: uncle eddie
I have the same unit Eddie. Busted it out for the first time a few weeks ago. Works great and like you said a very solid unit. Hope to see some good SV cooks in the near future! John

Looking forward to a full review.
In my opinion reheating meals with the Sous vide isn’t worthwhile. Unless you’re doing something like 10-12 pounds of pulled pork or chicken and it needs to held for hours at a certain temp.
Now for cooking from frozen for that nights dinner it’s the perfect tool.

Last edited:
That’s great. Sorry. I wasn’t trying to steal your thunder. I just posted about my Unit also. Maybe we can learn together lol. Good luck with yours.

Unfortunately I am tied up this weekend...so playing with the Sous Vide device will have to be next weekend. I do hope to see some links to things to try though.

No - I didn't win the contest earlier this week but Inkbird most graciously did provide a coupon code to get the price down to about $66. It just arrived. It is much bigger than I thought it would be. The quality of the build seems pretty good as well...feels heavy, solidly built.

Leftovers will most definitely be reheated this way and I plan to go through the Sous Vide threads to get some ideas for something new to try.

View attachment 479236
I have an Inkbird and manage calibration laboratories. I had one of my technician's calibrate the probes and they were -.05 and + .05 which is very tight so I am a fan of them.

I have an Inkbird and manage calibration laboratories. I had one of my technician's calibrate the probes and they were -.05 and + .05 which is very tight so I am a fan of them.

We run a lab at my office and I had planned to check our calibrated thermometers against this new device. Hoping to reproduce your results!

Have the same Inkbird SV, I have been impressed with it.... I think you’ll be real happy Eddie!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky