My first smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mesquitejason

Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
Fruitvale, tx
What started with a hunger for good brisket turned into something nice. I considered buying a smoker grill combo from cabelas and realize it wasn't what I wanted. Then looked at the gator pits, langs, and kloses and realized it was what I could afford. Having more time than money I decided to build my own. For my first smoker I am very satisfied. Still thinking about doing a little more work on it but that will be another day. My second cook on it and the brisket was pretty impressive!

Thanks al, it's a irk in progress. I've learned a lot from this forum. I think it would be a hunk of scrap metal without being able to see other people's build success and problems.

Pete, I considered gasket if I had a problem holding the temp but I'm trying to stay away from it. My temps are pretty stable. Thanks for the compliment

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky