My first smoked pork butt..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got my Yoder YS640s about 5-6 weeks ago and have worked up to my first long cook today with a pork butt. Overall, I'm pretty pleased. I did slow and low, at 200 for the first 10 hours and then bumped it up to finish off the 9 pound butt. Let me know what you think. The one issue that I could use help on is when I went to remove the butt, it was stuck to the grate (fat side down). Lost a little of the bark but not much. Any way to avoid that all together?
Congrats! That looks awesome! And welcome, you’re gonna love that Yoder more and more. I got mine in March and it’s been the absolute best.

That looks amazing! I know this sounds nuts but I learned to soak my pork butt overnight in root beer (yes really) and then pad dry/season for an incredible flavor. I learned this in Hawaii and I haven’t looked back since!
ok, now this I have to try… any specific type of seasoning to go with the rootbeer?

Congrats! That looks awesome! And welcome, you’re gonna love that Yoder more and more. I got mine in March and it’s been the absolute best.

ok, now this I have to try… any specific type of seasoning to go with the rootbeer?
Thank you so much! It tasted as good as it looks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky