My first smoke on my new OK Joe.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
This is my first smoke on the OK Joe. After using a pellet smoker for a few years. Qt one point I let the temp get too high, I over compensated when the temp dropped below 200. I have much to learn. I can hardly wait to do a brisket on this thing.
20230313_090902.jpg
20230313_154547.jpg

Attachments

• 20230313_090902.jpg
    20230313_090902.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Coach JoeQB
You can do great things on a stick burner, they take some time and patience to learn your pit. I sold my OK Joe not because I didn't like it. I work fulltime and just found the pellet grill a better fit for right now. As your learning make small changes if you make to many at one time you won't know what works, good luck and please keep sharing your posts.

Looks like good success for your first run!

Stick burners require a lot of fire tending and poking. That is the fun of it, when you have time.

Please keep us posted on your journey with this pit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky