My First Smoke... I'm Sorry

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by ima butcher, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Ok, so i made up my mind and bought an MES30 (#20071910) on Sunday. I seasoned it yesterday, way more than the company recommended just to be sure i seasoned it good enough.
    This afternoon I rubbed a chicken down, put it in the smoker with some apple chips, and waited. In a little under 2 hours the IT was at 167 in the breast.
    The chicken turned out fantastic! Great tasting, moist and just about perfect... But this is where I have to apologize. I didnt have time to take any pics... NO Q-VIEW. I am sorry, i will make sure to do better next time.
    Thanks to all in the past threads. I read a lot of them! They gave me the knowledge i needed to make my first smoke a great success!
    Thank You!

Dan

2. Glad your first bird turned out great for you!  [​IMG]   You will soon be trying to smoke everything you can get your hands on  [​IMG]

As far as the no Q-view goes since you are new here you can have a free pass this time  [​IMG]

3. Thanks for the free pass!
    I'm looking at doing a pork butt on Friday. I cant wait...

4. Thanks for the links, i have read them already though.
    You got a nice butt in those pics! Lol

5. You're welcome & thank you!  [​IMG]    [​IMG]

6. Glad your first smoke turned out great. I believe you've now got the bug and the only way to kill it is to smoke, smoke, and smoke more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7. tonybel

tonybel Smoking Fanatic

Forgiven....
    But you owe us...lol

8. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'm waiting on th Butts...[​IMG]

9. Sorry, pouring rain out. I will have to do it another day, maybe Sunday.